Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2020, 05:18 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times

Advertisements

That's going to be nice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2020, 07:53 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,487,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Here's the photo - sorry. Can't attach it again but it's here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/texa...periences.html

I peeked in to this thread because I wondered what it was you were about to do. What you have actually done is posted a link to a photo in another thread which shows not only your names and address, but also your telephone number and the gate code for your gated community. Maybe not the smartest thing you've ever done. Might be smart to remove the photo.

ETA: I see you have now removed the identifying info! Just as well.

Old 01-24-2020, 07:56 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
im thinking about getting a few of these:

https://www.paragon-outdoor.com/product-page/novara

Old 01-25-2020, 06:19 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
We are going to go today to sign the contract to start on the pool project in our back yard! I'm nervous!

The plans do have to be approved by the HOA.

Pictures to come! Here is the back yard without the pool:
Grew up in So CA and had a pool: when our kids were young, again in CA we had 2 houses with pools: they are a lot of work but well worth the time and effort. Enjoy!!!!

Old 01-25-2020, 07:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
I peeked in to this thread because I wondered what it was you were about to do. What you have actually done is posted a link to a photo in another thread which shows not only your names and address, but also your telephone number and the gate code for your gated community. Maybe not the smartest thing you've ever done. Might be smart to remove the photo.

ETA: I see you have now removed the identifying info! Just as well.
Thanks for pointing that out - I removed it immediately, for the record, and then blacked out the info - which by the way, wasn't even correct. I think the pool designer just had to put some information in the blanks.

But yes, I removed it and the current photo has the information marked out. By the way, in that other thread, I never posted the original photo. It was always the one with the info marked out.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im thinking about getting a few of these:

https://www.paragon-outdoor.com/product-page/novara
I really like those!!!!!! Yep we have to regroup on outdoor furniture too. Our current stuff was bought for our last back yard and house and is in decent shape but just doesn't fit our new plans. I think I'm going to donate it to an organization I work with. I think they can use it.

Anyway, our pergola is going to need poles for curtains. We are definitely going to go with a metal "wood look" pergola. I like your idea of the louvers.

It can get really windy here - are you worried about wind with that one? I think we are leaning toward one that's anchored and more permanent.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 01-25-2020 at 07:12 AM..

Old 01-25-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Grew up in So CA and had a pool: when our kids were young, again in CA we had 2 houses with pools: they are a lot of work but well worth the time and effort. Enjoy!!!!
Thank you so much! Hey, can you tell me about your pool maintenance experiences?

Old 01-25-2020, 07:10 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
I really like those!!!!!! Yep we have to regroup on outdoor furniture too. Our current stuff was bought for our last back yard and house and is in decent shape but just doesn't fit our new plans. I think I'm going to donate it to an organization I work with. I think they can use it.
i have a modern style house so i need something modern looking, a traditional pergola isnt that. i also want one where the louvers can be opened and closed. i had a couple of companies come to my house and quote me very impressive electric ones that cost like $40k. my wife ran into this at an outdoor bar and asked the owner what it was. not as awesome as the $40k systems but still really nice and much cheaper.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i have a modern style house so i need something modern looking, a traditional pergola isnt that. i also want one where the louvers can be opened and closed. i had a couple of companies come to my house and quote me very impressive electric ones that cost like $40k. my wife ran into this at an outdoor bar and asked the owner what it was. not as awesome as the $40k systems but still really nice and much cheaper.
I tell you something else I like about that - I like that in our case it wouldn't have to be submitted to the HOA for approval - LOL!

Old 01-25-2020, 08:36 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
Quote:
OK, update: The septic "designer" is coming out Wednesday to measure everything and put it on paper to present to the county, and then once that's approved, to present to the HOA. I have determined not to get crunk about a time line.

We can't do anything till all plans are approved and the septic system is redone.
Trying to get my head around the fact that there are “septic designers”. That’s a niche I never thought of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden