U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2020, 10:26 AM

3,545 posts, read 2,993,240 times

Advertisements

Looking good, Capt!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2020, 02:14 PM
Status: "We're all broken, that's how the light gets in." (set 10 days ago)

55,773 posts, read 44,134,562 times
Well, it has rained so much that the ground water has been seeping a bit but it's looking like it will be dry enough to plaster soon, maybe even in the next few days!!!!! The pergola is finished and the hot tub will be delivered tomorrow. WOOHOOO! Thankfully we're in for some more cool nights so I intend to use the heck out of this while we can.

Old 03-26-2020, 03:14 PM

29,890 posts, read 34,192,422 times
i called the paver guy this morning and said he may not be able to come and they may stop working for 10 days. he is the company the pool company works with (but i am not required to use). i was concerned that he wouldnt provide the best pricing anyway so i did contact another paver company. so if he wants to wait 10 days, i may not be waiting for him.

Old 03-26-2020, 03:48 PM

10,238 posts, read 12,935,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i called the paver guy this morning and said he may not be able to come and they may stop working for 10 days. he is the company the pool company works with (but i am not required to use). i was concerned that he wouldnt provide the best pricing anyway so i did contact another paver company. so if he wants to wait 10 days, i may not be waiting for him.
Personally, I would bet he is observing a work stoppage due to the cv. I would wait forever rather than have a guy who has been going from place to place. It is not like it is July and swimming weather.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:37 PM
Status: "We're all broken, that's how the light gets in." (set 10 days ago)

55,773 posts, read 44,134,562 times
I think most places are considering construction crews and companies to be essential workers. They are considered essential here in Texas anyway.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:12 PM

Apparently here there is a fine line. They are not allowed inside a home if the owners are present. My sister is having work done on her hone and they told her they could lose their license if she were there.

There are certain instances outside that they can’t work outside.

Old 03-26-2020, 09:39 PM

8,377 posts, read 14,475,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Apparently here there is a fine line. They are not allowed inside a home if the owners are present.
But a lot of people wouldn't want workers inside their home if they (homeowners) weren't there. (I actually have several workers that I've worked with for years and I DO trust them to be there when I'm not, but the first time using someone, no way.)

Quote:
My sister is having work done on her hone and they told her they could lose their license if she were there.
But that really doesn't make sense if this is all about preventing the spread of the virus, since the virus could be all over the (asymptomatic) workers or all over the inside of the house (asymptomatic homeowners) or both. So ... what is the logic?

Quote:
There are certain instances outside that they can’t work outside.
Can you please give an example? You've got me very curious about these "rules." This is in Delaware? (Just going by your location.)

Old 03-26-2020, 09:48 PM

567 posts, read 621,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, it has rained so much that the ground water has been seeping a bit but it's looking like it will be dry enough to plaster soon, maybe even in the next few days!!!!! The pergola is finished and the hot tub will be delivered tomorrow. WOOHOOO! Thankfully we're in for some more cool nights so I intend to use the heck out of this while we can.
Please keep posting pictures of your progress. It is a very pleasant diversion right now from the daily gloom and doom. Somehow, I find it comforting to envision you enjoying your new pool while we all practice social distancing

Old 03-27-2020, 08:26 AM

29,890 posts, read 34,192,422 times
Quote:
Personally, I would bet he is observing a work stoppage due to the cv. I would wait forever rather than have a guy who has been going from place to place. It is not like it is July and swimming weather.
yeah, im not looking to punish him but i feel like if i dont try to keep things moving the delays will pile up and suddenly ill find myself without a complete pool area in time for summer.

Old 03-27-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
But a lot of people wouldn't want workers inside their home if they (homeowners) weren't there. (I actually have several workers that I've worked with for years and I DO trust them to be there when I'm not, but the first time using someone, no way.)

But that really doesn't make sense if this is all about preventing the spread of the virus, since the virus could be all over the (asymptomatic) workers or all over the inside of the house (asymptomatic homeowners) or both. So ... what is the logic?

Can you please give an example? You've got me very curious about these "rules." This is in Delaware? (Just going by your location.)

I don't know, that was what the paper said the other day. I am guessing that was written that way to allow the contractors to have some latitude, OR, it was a poorly written article.

Re My sister had been in the house exposed to these guys for several weeks, so her attitude is that she would have gotten it from them by now. She redid a master bath, installed hardwood floors and carpeting, remodeled the kitchen and replaced a few windows. She found a fabulous house that needed some updating and she is almost ready to move in now. She has a few more days til it is done.

I did a little research and this is what I came up with. Apparently the Dept of Homeland Security has a loose description of Essential. Check out the PA. section. All kind vague. https://www.levelset.com/blog/constr...s-coronavirus/

Last edited by nuts2uiam; 03-27-2020 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: added info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden