U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2020, 11:34 AM

26,729 posts, read 32,393,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
Our pool is small, but the ambiance is large. This is our morning view sitting in the pool area with the sun coming up. The peacefulness and quiet at this hour is a great way to start the day. What made me the happiest, as a gardener, was our clumping bamboo did not have to be removed, even when the retaining wall was added. The bamboo provides shade, color and the sound of wind in the leaves.

KathrynAragon and Captain NJ, it’s been fun watching your pools being built, thank you for sharing. Your pools and their settings are beautiful. Enjoy, you had perfect timing!

thats awesome, is that a screen or "glass" enclosure. my mom has a screen enclosure in her backyard in florida and i have thought about putting a glass one around my pool for year round fun.

nobody has it and nobody recommends it but i still may do it one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 12:23 PM

8,977 posts, read 11,862,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
thats awesome, is that a screen or "glass" enclosure. my mom has a screen enclosure in her backyard in florida and i have thought about putting a glass one around my pool for year round fun.

Check the Northern Screen pool enclosures.

Old 05-24-2020, 03:49 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,067,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

We live in FL and most pools have a pool cage. It’s screened to allow air flow and keep out insects and other critters. The cat thinks we put in a catio just for her.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:33 AM

52,826 posts, read 41,579,315 times
Well, I just accidentally fell in our pool. I knew it was coming! I was doing my morning "brush the plaster" thing and next thing I knew, I was in the pool! The good news is that the water felt really good. But I was in my pajamas so it wasn't particularly convenient.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Well, I just accidentally fell in our pool. I knew it was coming! I was doing my morning "brush the plaster" thing and next thing I knew, I was in the pool! The good news is that the water felt really good. But I was in my pajamas so it wasn't particularly convenient.
Sounds like something that would happen to me. Well, at least you were not "dressed".

Old 05-25-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Sounds like something that would happen to me. Well, at least you were not "dressed".
That is the TRUTH!!!!!! Good grief...

Old 05-27-2020, 11:46 AM

so yesterday they were supposed to come and clean the pool and educate me. i stayed home from work for it. i get a call late morning cancelling and rescheduling for 9-10am this morning. i call them when its almost 10am and i am told they will be there around 12pm. i was super angry and gave the lady a little tirade complaining about the lack of respect for my time and its been 5 months blah blah blah. they dropped off someone about 15 minutes after that but i already left anyway. so my wife got the education and the person was doubtful of swimming by saturday. we may move the party to sunday because of weather, im not sure if that will make a difference or not.

i found a picture of the liner before the pool turned green, i had totally forgot how it looked.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:02 AM

Instead of dealing with the help, get you self in a calm mindset and call and ask to speak with the owner/manager. Set your case up by saying, that you had estimates from others but based upon your research you decided that you would go with them. State that you are very disappointed because

"yesterday they were supposed to come and clean the pool and educate me. i stayed home from work for it. i get a call late morning cancelling and rescheduling for 9-10am this morning. i call them when its almost 10am and i am told they will be there around 12pm.They dropped off someone about 15 minutes after that but i already left anyway. so my wife got the education."

I would then say, this is not satisfactory to me. I paid a lot of money for this pool and the care and maintenance of this investment is very important to me and I need to understand the necessary steps to protect that investment. I am entitled to instruction. Then stop and wait til they reply. If they say, they told your wife, then simply say that was not the original arrangement and since you will be doing the maintenance you need to be instructed, Period.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:28 AM

I agree totally with nuts2uiam.

Or you could do what I did one time with a cable company. This was twenty or more years ago. They pulled one of those things where all they could tell you was that they'd be there in either the am or pm, so I chose one, and took off work, and waited, and waited, and waited for them to come get their box (I was canceling their service - gee, wonder why?). Anyway, they stood me up twice - twice I took off work to meet them and twice they didn't show, and then the next day or a few days later I'd come home from work to find a note on the front door from them saying "Sorry we missed you." It may have even been three times, I don't remember now, but it was multiple times. So finally I just put the box up in a closet and forgot about it.

Several months later, I got a letter from a collection agency stating that they were trying to collect payment because I had kept some equipment from the cable company! OMG I was so mad!

So I called the cable company and told them the situation, and told them to come get their equipment the next day (I wasn't working the next day). They said they couldn't do that. I said they had to, they said they would have to do it another day. I said another day was inconvenient to me but I had the next day off, so since they couldn't do it, I was going to bring it to them - and throw it through their front window. THAT got their attention. They said, "No, don't do that - we have a policy anyway that you signed that said WE come pick up the equipment." I said, "At this point, I don't care. You have stood me up repeatedly. I'm delivering it tomorrow at 3 through your front window if you don't come get it before I leave the house."

They were there at 8 am the next day.

But actually in your case, since you will continue to have something to do with them (because of warranties), I wouldn't recommend the scorched earth response. That's what I call it when I have nothing to lose with a company and I get medieval on them. But I actually do agree with nuts2uiam on this one, even though it would feel great to get crunk with them.

I do agree that you should move the party to Sunday because the kids may get to swim then. Keep in mind that a heavy rain can really change the chemical balance of a pool. We always have to add more chlorine for instance after a heavy rain. But it may help in your case. Ask whoever is helping you with the cleanup to come out and test the water Saturday evening or to at least show you how to test it so someone can test it Saturday evening.

By the way, the liner is beautiful.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:42 AM

thanks. i dont like to waste my time on non-productive conversations just to get an apology. i hate apologies. they use a third party company for the final cleaning and education, its not even the pool builder's employees. the woman told my wife that when she can see the drain cover in the deep end to let them know so they can put in the salt and get it finished. also it seems like something is missing to get the skimmer's working. ill call my wife in a bit to get the detail so i can reach out to the company to make sure that is done soon. i looked at the pool this morning and you can see the floor everywhere except the deepest part of the deep end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden