U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,799,082 times

Advertisements

What is the ideal size of palm trees in landscaping?
Consider lot dimensions, house architecture and dimensions.
The landscaping should decorate the architecture, not hide or replace it.

Some places I have seen front yard palm trees taller than the width of the lot or multiple times taller than the house. Other places the palm trees have the same or slightly lower height than the house.

In my case, I am debating between Queen palms or foxtail palms for my front yard. There would be a pair.
My lot is a half acre, 110ft wide, house is single story but has 18ft ceiling in the front entrance area with a big arch above the front door with 2 columns that supposed to be seen from the street. Have big 30yo oak trees on each side of the lot.
The queen palms would quickly grow taller than the lower edge of the roof (so not block any view of the architecture), but they might grow too tall and out of proportion.

Ho do you chose tree or palm tree height for your lot and architecture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:10 AM

131 posts, read 28,931 times
Strongly advise hiring a landscape designer. It was $750 for us, money well spent. They will advise what to avoid, and what works well with the proportions of your lot and house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or