Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 11:37 AM

701 posts, read 694,494 times

Advertisements

Sitting on my patio last week with nothing to do I decided to try and fix an old sprayer that wasn't working. I don't normally throw things away for a while thinking I can use them for parts somewhere down the line. Well after taking the tip off, I discovered that it was clogged inside the long stem. I put a little water in the receiving end and used my air compressor to try and blow out what was clogging up the stem. After doing this a few time, low and behold I got it unclogged and it works fine. Now my question is this. I used this sprayer to spray roundup around my house and I would like to use it now to spray for bugs and such on my bushes. I have another sprayer that I use for roundup now. What can I use to clean my old sprayer to insure I won't kill my plants when I spray them. This sprayer is a gallon plastic sprayer. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 02:43 PM

19,781 posts, read 22,680,815 times
I simply flush mine a few times with water and that seems to work just fine. Fill, pump and spray until empty x2.

Old 09-05-2020, 04:45 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times
First of all in the business it's not recommended to use a sprayer that's been used for herbicides due to residue build up. But if you do use it for other purposes then you'll need to flush it out several times with warm/hot soapy water. Then rinse it again with plain warm/hot water several times. Then you'll need to re- grease the oil rings with petroleum jelly.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:00 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times
Regular water a few times works fine. Not just the container. Make sure you pump it and spray it as well to flush it out of the tube as well. After that I leave mine open for a day let the sun hit it so the inside can dry nicely.

nice job not throwing it away and trying to fix something! It's amazing how people give up and throw things out when sometimes it's just a simple fix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden