U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2021, 01:21 PM

8 posts, read 9,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Thujas are thirsty trees. If it wasn’t watered properly when it was installed, it could look crummy or die. If it gets too bad, ask your landscaper to replace it.

If watering wasn’t the problem, look closely at the dead foliage for bagworms. I’m in Athens and have found them on several troubled thuja. If you find them, clean up all of the debris, and spray it with an approved insecticide. You’ll have to find that info yourself.

As far as Powis Castle goes, sometimes they die from pruning too hard. I learned that the hard way. They tend to look bad when they get overgrown. I rarely use that plant anymore. Just throw away the dead one and try something else.
Thanks, Ellie!

They are hanging in there and we recently received some helpful rainfall. I'm planning to fertilize it in the Spring and will keep an eye out for bagworms. If you have any fertilizer recommendations, I welcome them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden