Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 04:35 AM

83,498 posts, read 75,223,829 times

Advertisements

Add another one to the con list for the battery mower. I just discovered you can mow grass that is moist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 05:18 AM

30,391 posts, read 21,210,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Please explain how they are able to run over the plants if they don't show up.

Pup.
When they did show up they ran over plants grant. It was so cheap for only $12 i gave up doing it, but the first guy dieds of cancer and the next guy just never came back jack. So i said the heck with it and bought a Craftsman and started doing my own yard again stan. That mower had gas and carb probs so i went with the EGO and been fine as wine ever since. 3 YEARS THIS MONTH. Also got their weed eater and edger edgar.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:20 AM

30,391 posts, read 21,210,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Probably when they do show up.

Here's one for ya - I had one guy run over a bag of mulch. "I wonder what will happen if I run over this bag" I think that's the day I ordered my mower.
Most yard peeps are fly by nites dwight and drunks like silly punks. Plus them big riding mowers leave tracks in the yard if the ground is wet and or soft.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:09 AM

15,397 posts, read 7,459,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Add another one to the con list for the battery mower. I just discovered you can mow grass that is moist.
Did you mean to say can't mow grass that is moist? I haven't had an issue with that at all. Wet, dry, in between, it doesn't matter, the mower powers through.

Old 11-09-2020, 10:23 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,406,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
You mean cannot?

I have no issues doing it.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:59 AM

6,749 posts, read 5,042,545 times
If I had a small enough yard, I'd use a corded electric mower plus a manual reel type mower. I once tried a battery-powered mower and did not like it, as it seemed to not have enough power. That was over 20 years ago, however, so they've probably improved. In general I prefer corded tools since I don't have to worry about battery life, plus they are cheaper to operate in the long run.

Folks with crackpot theories about how air quality does not matter can take that noise and stuff it you know where. The air quality here in Phoenix is not good, and is one of a few reasons I will not retire here. One of my uncles used to snowbird in Mesa. He had lung issues, and eventually it got to the point where he could not live in Mesa any longer. The last year of his life they stayed in Minnesota during the winter. He and his wife were considering buying a place in a more remote Arizona location, but he didn't live long enough to make that happen.

Old 11-09-2020, 02:37 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,014,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
If I had a small enough yard, I'd use a corded electric mower plus a manual reel type mower. I once tried a battery-powered mower and did not like it, as it seemed to not have enough power. That was over 20 years ago, however, so they've probably improved. In general I prefer corded tools since I don't have to worry about battery life, plus they are cheaper to operate in the long run.

Folks with crackpot theories about how air quality does not matter can take that noise and stuff it you know where. The air quality here in Phoenix is not good, and is one of a few reasons I will not retire here. One of my uncles used to snowbird in Mesa. He had lung issues, and eventually it got to the point where he could not live in Mesa any longer. The last year of his life they stayed in Minnesota during the winter. He and his wife were considering buying a place in a more remote Arizona location, but he didn't live long enough to make that happen.
My parents had a place in Mesa. Every time I went there I got what they called the desert something - awful. I rarely get sick so it wasn't because I was some sensitive little flower - there was something bad there. My mom ended up with lung cancer.

Old 11-09-2020, 05:29 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,151,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
My parents had a place in Mesa. Every time I went there I got what they called the desert something - awful. I rarely get sick so it wasn't because I was some sensitive little flower - there was something bad there. My mom ended up with lung cancer.
Valley Fever.

https://www.azdhs.gov/preparedness/e...ever/index.php

Old 11-10-2020, 12:01 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,829,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Most yard peeps are fly by nites dwight and drunks like silly punks. Plus them big riding mowers leave tracks in the yard if the ground is wet and or soft.
I'd say that all information about such things is local, but the more a customer shops primarily by price the more susceptible they are to what you describe.

But the exercise is good for you.

Old 11-10-2020, 01:10 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,014,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
Yes-that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden