Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 06:32 AM

13,034 posts, read 17,916,010 times

Advertisements

Yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 06:54 AM

83,285 posts, read 74,544,003 times
It's September already! 9/6/21

Dig a hole, throw scrap in it. Cover it up and say goodbye.

More Pepper Shakers. So far I made 5 total with this years pepper harvests. I think I'll have 3 more left since there's still peppers out there.

I froze peppers once but to be honest, when you take them out to defrost and eat, they aren't the same. Kinda nasty how they get mushy after they defrost.

I never canned them since I don't know anyone who would like that. So I make these. Everyone loves these.

Fall is here. Time to clean up. Already looking empty. lol

Still got some more tomatoes to pick. Temps aren't that cool yet but nothing else has time to form and ripen. Only whats grown on there right now.

Beets and Onions

There are lots of rivers and Brooks in CT and some lost their cars who live near there. but many people don't realize water in their basements is because of the grade near the outside foundation of the home or poor gutter drainage.

Local Home Cheapo still stocking these after the Tropical Storm Ida rains that day. Lots of people had water in their basements.

These too.

And these

Old 09-06-2021, 07:47 AM

13,034 posts, read 17,916,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
It's September already! 9/6/21

Dig a hole, throw scrap in it. Cover it up and say goodbye.

More Pepper Shakers. So far I made 5 total with this years pepper harvests. I think I'll have 3 more left since there's still peppers out there.

I froze peppers once but to be honest, when you take them out to defrost and eat, they aren't the same. Kinda nasty how they get mushy after they defrost.

I never canned them since I don't know anyone who would like that. So I make these. Everyone loves these.

Fall is here. Time to clean up. Already looking empty. lol SAD

Still got some more tomatoes to pick. Temps aren't that cool yet but nothing else has time to form and ripen. Only whats grown on there right now.

Beets and Onions

There are lots of rivers and Brooks in CT and some lost their cars who live near there. but many people don't realize water in their basements is because of the grade near the outside foundation of the home or poor gutter drainage.

Local Home Cheapo still stocking these after the Tropical Storm Ida rains that day. Lots of people had water in their basements.

These too.

And these Never want to miss an opportunity to serve their public.

We missed the tornado here by 50 miles, had little more than some light wind and rain.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:28 AM

This is what the Tomatoes pretty much look like in September.

So from the 1st ripe one in Mid July to the last ripe ones in mid September... 2 months of Tomato harvest. Some people ask why we still do it. lol Nights dropping into the 50s and days not going above 80. September is pretty much like the month of May

Time to clean up

It was a good season though. Lots of good tomatoes despite all the rains.

Rain Totals:

May: 5.37 inches
June: 2.19 inches
July: 10.98 inches
August: 3.70 inches
September: 7.07" so far

Number of Days Temps reaching 85°F or hotter: 34 of 129 days since May 1st

Heat Waves (3 days or more at 90°F+): Only 1 time!

Humidity: Too much

Old 09-13-2021, 06:23 AM

September 13, 2021:

Yup….. All Cleaned up with a lonely Eggplant still there

See the hole I dig and throw all the plants in?

Some pepper plants had flowers on them but there's no time left...

Check out the root system on the pepper plant!

Final Pepper Harvest of 2021...

What am I gonna do with all these?

OMG, finally! In Mid September the first ripe Figs?? Luckily we have a warm pattern happening so I should be able to get more coming.

Went Apple Picking at Blue Jay Orchards in Bethel, CT

I love being in the rows of Apple Trees. Mcintosh, Cortlands, Fugis, Galas, Empires are ready.

Fresh and Crisp! Mmmm! Small bag was $12. Filled up came to 5.6 pounds. So about $2.14 a pound

Old 09-13-2021, 09:51 AM

10,009 posts, read 17,920,510 times
Another season of your wonderful garden posts! Cambium, I look forward to these every year. You will have some good eatin' this winter (I love all your jars of pepper flakes!). See you again next year!

Old 09-13-2021, 02:01 PM

2,991 posts, read 1,956,343 times
Cambium

Here's a great easy recipe for a rustic apple galette (Jaques Pepin always a reliable chef) if you own a food processor for the pastry. The pastry is fantastically light and takes 15 seconds, of course peeling and slicing the apples takes more time and bakes for an hour. You won't be sorry. Maybe could do a fig galette hmmm.

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/...-apple-galette

Old 09-19-2021, 11:37 AM

Final Cherry Tomato Harvest of 2021. Was a good year

Check out the roots of the Cherry tomato plants.

Final Bell Pepper Harvest

The figs decided to ripen in September when frost and freeze is around the corner. lol I'll take it! I love figs!

Dethatching my lawn for first time in decades. You can see how "good enough" it looked. I am in awe how much thatch and dead stuff got pulled up. And on 1 pass only. I purchased the Earthwise DT71613 13-Amp 16-Inch Corded Electric Dethatcher.

Getting ready for winter. Time to start splitting and stacking firewood

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden