U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM

231 posts, read 555,799 times

Advertisements

I've got this unhealthy tree. It's probably 6-7 years old as the house is in a subdivision built around then. It was not that great when I first moved in almost 3 years ago and i think it gradually has gotten worse. Does anyone know what could have caused this?

Is this tree salvageable at all? If so, how?

If not, I'd like to replace it. What kind of tree is low maintenance, won't grow more than 20 feet high and 10 ft wide, and will work in the northern Georgia area where it gets hot and humid?
Attached Thumbnails
Dying Tree?-tree.jpg  
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:13 PM

13,064 posts, read 6,596,896 times
Hmm, more dead/dying yard residents. I'm sure a local arborist could evaluate that tree in person and probably suggest a suitable replacement. Get a referral from the extension agent you talk to about your dying shrubs. Looks like winter in the photo so the tree is dormant. Makes it hard to determine much just from one photo.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden