Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 07:31 AM

30,516 posts, read 16,213,477 times

Advertisements

I was thinking you were asking to tell me things a rose web site might ask. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

no scent but not sure as my sense of smell is not very good. It's definitely a climber-right now the longest branch is about 10 feet and full of blooms, mostly gone wilting at this point. counted few and seems to be 8-10 per flower.

I've owned the house 9 yrs. As best I can find out, none but the original owners cared about gardening and/or flowers. I've discovered peonies, iris, poppies, and this rose all mowed over or weed wacked down. Being a rather lay-back and let's see what grows type of person has payed off.

Haven't seen any even similar. Most people have a few trees, mow around them and go inside.

I'm going with the Dr Huey id. The photo and description are right on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 04:44 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
I was thinking you were asking to tell me things a rose web site might ask. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

no scent but not sure as my sense of smell is not very good. It's definitely a climber-right now the longest branch is about 10 feet and full of blooms, mostly gone wilting at this point. counted few and seems to be 8-10 per flower.

I've owned the house 9 yrs. As best I can find out, none but the original owners cared about gardening and/or flowers. I've discovered peonies, iris, poppies, and this rose all mowed over or weed wacked down. Being a rather lay-back and let's see what grows type of person has payed off.

Haven't seen any even similar. Most people have a few trees, mow around them and go inside.

I'm going with the Dr Huey id. The photo and description are right on.

If you think it's a climber, make sure you have the long canes going horizontally, it will promote it to grow bloom shoots on those canes.

help me find says Dr huey is nearly thornless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden