Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 11:57 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,384,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasie123 View Post
I live in the East Coast, and the part that I live in has gotten 63 days of rain..............I have so many weeds, that has gotten impossible for me to control them. I do not use any chemicals in my garden......

And how about you? Any rain where you live?
Do not get me wrong: I love rain..........but too much of anything is just too much......

Weeds love alkaline soil. You can restore PH to balance and subdue their growth by spreading remedies on the lawn. Here are some suggestions I found: sphagnum peat, elemental sulfur, aluminum sulfate, iron sulfate, acidifying nitrogen, and organic mulches.

I like the nitrogen best. Plants/grass require it in order to grow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 10:54 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,028,112 times
Quote:

I Miss You, Zoisite.......Where Have You Been? Glad to see you back, my friend.....
Thanks Sasie. Been around and about, mostly at home mucking around outside in the yard doing damage control and cleaning up winter-kill as there was really a lot of it this year because of the winter ice-storms we got. But I also went away for a month of road-tripping and visiting friends, I left in late May and just got back last week. All is well. Thanks for asking.

Old 07-04-2022, 09:11 PM

3,974 posts, read 4,256,469 times
It's been really dry in my part of NJ, but the weeds in my garden are still happy, happy, happy. Ugh. I try to keep up with them, but it's impossible.

Old 07-05-2022, 02:56 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,518,826 times
Default MrRational; 63718178

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Sounds like you have yet another reason to get out of NYC
We have traveled extensively in and out of the USA to know that, will be very a poor judgement...... we have seen 48 out of 50 states, and most of the people that leave New York, New York realize they have made a mistake, especially if they have chosen a less sophisticate state, and now cannot return back to it.......

New York is the Center of the World. Everything happens here in a flash.....most people are educated, and some can be rude. Entertainment, Food, News, the ability not to own an automobile, if one does not want it, the ability to walk, or take a bus, subway, anywhere............the choices are endless......

We will never make the mistake some

of our friends have made, and now are very sorry about it.........because they are out-priced........

Old 07-05-2022, 03:35 PM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
I live in the East Coast, and the part that I live in has gotten 63 days of rain..............I have so many weeds, that has gotten impossible for me to control them. I do not use any chemicals in my garden......

And how about you? Any rain where you live?
Do not get me wrong: I love rain..........but too much of anything is just too much......
I recently purchased a product from Bonide that contains clove oil and citric acid. Believe it or not, it appears to have killed the dandelion weeds. But you have to spray to soak the leaves, the growing plant.

Old 07-05-2022, 04:41 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriNJ View Post
It's been really dry in my part of NJ, but the weeds in my garden are still happy, happy, happy. Ugh. I try to keep up with them, but it's impossible.
I agree! I've been babying the flowers that I've planted recently with daily watering during the heat and dry weather, but the weeds seem to be saying "Bring on the drought, we're gonna grow no matter what!". Blech.

Old 07-05-2022, 05:39 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,832,149 times
Quote:
Huge garden, with lots of pots...........all full of weeds................there is one with very-small pink flowers that is everywhere, and difficult to pull out.............
Your solution is post #16.

Old 08-24-2022, 05:06 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,518,826 times
As much as I love gardening, I am pretty sure this will be my last year.........i have a garden plus multitude of plants in containers. The heat, has been monstrous, and the rain sometimes way too much......then the mosquitoes come in right after 12 noon...it just breaks my heart..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden