Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 10:53 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
About 28" I think. They're outside and it's raining otherwise I would go measure them.
I have a bunch of metal pipes about that length and diameter that are sturdy enough for me to use as stakes for relatively short but heavy fruit/veggie bearing plants. I also use them in late autumn to mark spots where perennial plants will be coming up in the spring, and I use them in rows to divide different sections of plantings, or to stretch strings from one to another to mark immediately above the rows where seeds have been planted. They can be used as markers for anything and because they are all identical in size and colour they just look neater and more uniform.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2024, 12:57 AM

37,592 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I have a bunch of metal pipes about that length and diameter that are sturdy enough for me to use as stakes for relatively short but heavy fruit/veggie bearing plants. I also use them in late autumn to mark spots where perennial plants will be coming up in the spring, and I use them in rows to divide different sections of plantings, or to stretch strings from one to another to mark immediately above the rows where seeds have been planted. They can be used as markers for anything and because they are all identical in size and colour they just look neater and more uniform.

I don't do any vegetable gardening. I'll probably try and do a trellis for something, maybe a clematis.

Old 04-01-2024, 05:46 AM

4,384 posts, read 4,381,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not sure what you mean. A table top??

Diameter is about an inch I believe, and they are about 28" long.
Just space them about an inch apart in a horizontal plane with wooden (or whatever) uprights for support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden