Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 05:19 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times

Advertisements

Beetles eat all of my vegetation. We've tried everything but they keep coming back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 04:11 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,359,944 times
Maybe this might help with the beetles

http://www.rosegardensbyryan.com/new...apnBeetles.pdf

Good luck

Old 05-01-2007, 08:47 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,158,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I'm not a gardner but I do maintain several acres of pasture in NE GA and my worst pest is FIRE ANTS

During the warm months I'm reduced to wearing rubber boots in the heat if I don't want to get stung...owweee.
While out at our new "rural" home this weekend, we met a neighbor, who told us to put grits on the fire ant mounds and it would kill them !?? Thats new to me, haven't tried it yet.
Also, saw somewhere, if you want to keep racoons out of your garbage cans, spray around the rim with vinegar.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
Japanese beatles. squash bugs. I use sevin in the 10 percent strength. I does a good job.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 AM

322 posts, read 1,234,385 times
We have those burrowing mounds ALL over our yard!!! Our worst are the moles and skunks. Lots of wild rabbits and deer but they've been staying away since the dogs have been chasing them off. The moles and skunks, however, have found ways to cause havoc from underground without getting chased away. ARG!!!

Old 05-02-2007, 10:54 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Stupid rabbits ate my favorite tulips!!! I'm going to start burying what I clean out of the cat's litter box ...

Old 05-02-2007, 03:57 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Stupid rabbits ate my favorite tulips!!! I'm going to start burying what I clean out of the cat's litter box ...
You can make yourself very sick that way.

Try dried bloodmeal instead. Adds nitrogen to the soil and is supposed to keep rabbits away.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,541 times
Default Worst garden pest

Mine was a scale insect growing all over my sago palms. Nothing killed it. And it was killing my sago palms. I was told to cut off all the fronds, which I did, but when the fronds grew back, the scale was there to greet it. Finally I heard about putting on a horticultural oil. As the plant was near death, literally, it was like having a palm tree with one brown frond, I heard about Organitrol. It is a horticultural oil with fish-based nutrients and it was like a pop! Within a few days the frond that was left greened up and in about 2 weeks, a whole bunch of new shoots shot up. I couldn't believe the tree made it, much less is now thriving. Organitrol worked great, and its available on their site, I think its www.organitrol.com (broken link). I've since used it on anything that has insects on it.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:17 PM

2 posts, read 6,541 times
I just joined the forum because of this topic. I found a product called Organitrol that I have used on all garden insects with terrific results. It is all natural and safe and you can adjust the concentration to suit your needs up to 2 cups per gallon which makes the stuff thick and gets really good adhesion to the plant. I've never had a beetle problem. But I would give it a try. They have a website, www.organitrol.com (broken link). Contact them and see. Good luck.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:37 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
"Dipstick" the neighbours cat who eats the frogs and newts in my pond and pees on the lawn ! I never get to him with the water pistol in time. The Amphibian casualties are now in double figures !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden