Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2012, 12:29 PM

492 posts, read 630,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
plus it smells so good. I think one of the secrets is to make sure it gets trimmed back, I let mine go to seed I think.

Nita
Haha Mine did not have time to go to seed..I killed it too quick. Let us know how your second plant does, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 02:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7gkids View Post
Haha Mine did not have time to go to seed..I killed it too quick. Let us know how your second plant does, please.
well if you believe in prayer, just pray for the plant. If you don't cross your fingers, I will do both.

Nita

Old 06-09-2012, 09:10 PM

492 posts, read 630,757 times
Lord, please take care of Nita's cilantro plant. Make it grow strong and tasty! Thank you Lord for the abundant blessings that you have given all of us! Amen

Old 06-09-2012, 09:43 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,564,915 times
Looks like after today's deluge of rain it is time to yank the tomatoes out of the pots and buy some pepper seed. Or maybe I'll wait until July and plant some yellow crookneck squash in the empty pots.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Looks like after today's deluge of rain it is time to yank the tomatoes out of the pots and buy some pepper seed. Or maybe I'll wait until July and plant some yellow crookneck squash in the empty pots.
I am so sorry about your tomatoes. Let's hope the rest of the summer is kinder to you and your garden. AS for the crookneck squash, will be picking our first in a few days and I have spotted a couple patty pans, which are my favorite. I just hope they mature. Even now, that the bees are frequenting the yard, I have a lot of squash that isn't maturing.

Nita

Old 06-10-2012, 07:51 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Thank God its sunny and blue skies today......I am almost afraid to go look at what state the tomatoes are in.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:30 AM

I'm about convinced the only way I'm going to get disaster free tomatoes is in a hydroponic greenhouse. Not to wet not to try with food on an even keel.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:40 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,265,697 times
I have squash. And squash and squash and squash! Tomatoes are coming along, just still green. Cukes are deformed and look like the letter J. Lots of lettuce and peppers and a slew of green beans........BUT......

WHAT are these black hopping bugs on my eggplant??? I noticed the leaves were looking chewed today and sprayed really well with neem oil - and put out watermelon rind because I have so many cuke blossoms that aren't getting fertilized, and tomatillos that are lovely but refuse to set fruit....and tonight I looked at the eggplant and they were covered with these small black shelled round bugs that hopped or jumped, almost like fleas (but I surely know what a flea looks like!).

I sprayed with something more potent but I'm sorta wondering how to attract bees but not kill them with insecticide! Clearly the neem oil wasn't quite the answer???

Old 06-10-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I have squash. And squash and squash and squash! Tomatoes are coming along, just still green. Cukes are deformed and look like the letter J. Lots of lettuce and peppers and a slew of green beans........BUT......

WHAT are these black hopping bugs on my eggplant??? I noticed the leaves were looking chewed today and sprayed really well with neem oil - and put out watermelon rind because I have so many cuke blossoms that aren't getting fertilized, and tomatillos that are lovely but refuse to set fruit....and tonight I looked at the eggplant and they were covered with these small black shelled round bugs that hopped or jumped, almost like fleas (but I surely know what a flea looks like!).

I sprayed with something more potent but I'm sorta wondering how to attract bees but not kill them with insecticide! Clearly the neem oil wasn't quite the answer???
Always spray any kind of insecticide at dusk even organics. Some cucumbers have to grow on a trellis to grow straight especially the burpless varieties. Sounds like you have a good case of flea beetles. I don't know if the organic Rote-none will control them or not. Maybe time to visit the county's ag extension agent.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,351 times
I use egg shells on my flower bulbs. It does the same as bone meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden