Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2018, 05:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,064,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
im really delighted this morning because I went outside and found out that a candystripe zinnia had bloomed and they are really pretty . first time planting and growing these and im very happy with what I see . Omg I picked a 2.5 lb tomatoe off the german pink yesterday . and I just have never seen that big of a tomatoe in my gardens in a long time .
wow, you seem to be having a very good year so far. We don't have anything ready to pick but am guessing our cherry tomatoes will be starting to get color in a week or two. We have lots of them, just still to green. I love green tomatoes fried, but only regular size, not cherries. I envy you. But tomorrow is another day and another chance. Everything I have planted is doing well this year except I lost my first Rosemary plant. Put a new one in yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 08:01 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,159,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, you seem to be having a very good year so far. We don't have anything ready to pick but am guessing our cherry tomatoes will be starting to get color in a week or two. We have lots of them, just still to green. I love green tomatoes fried, but only regular size, not cherries. I envy you. But tomorrow is another day and another chance. Everything I have planted is doing well this year except I lost my first Rosemary plant. Put a new one in yesterday.

and I have a mortgage lifter the size of my husbands fist and another goliath too . God knows what that one weighs . I hope they ripen soon we have been having enough sunshine to make them ripen . also my cukes are producing too …

Old 06-14-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
and I have a mortgage lifter the size of my husbands fist and another goliath too . God knows what that one weighs . I hope they ripen soon we have been having enough sunshine to make them ripen . also my cukes are producing too …
well we are way behind you but I am picking jalapenos and Anaheim peppers every day. Am going to start sharing them with friends and family. We also have a few bell pepper flowers so shouldn't be too long for them. The Okra is months away and the squash, well, time will tell about them.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:43 PM

50,459 posts, read 64,317,889 times
I have had a bumper crop of various cherry tomatoes this year. The last bunches are almost ready to pick, and the vines are turning brown. I suppose they must all be determinate. Today I planted a few fresh indeterminate plants, so I’m hopeful they will take over for the others. It may just be that it’s too hot now, but I thought it worth a try.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:25 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,409,429 times
A bit of silly question, but a question still. I try to use a line of organic fertilizers, insecticides, and other sprays produced by a company in my state. As I was spraying the veggies this morning with the liquid kelp it reminded me that every year I want to put all of the "sprays" into the sprayer at one time. I've never done so, but could I? In general I'm spraying a liquid fertilizer and a soap spray for bugs. I'm not worried about chemical reactions. Just wondering if it would be effective to combine all the sprays into a single gallon of water at once.

Thoughts?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:32 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,815,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
A bit of silly question, but a question still. I try to use a line of organic fertilizers, insecticides, and other sprays produced by a company in my state. As I was spraying the veggies this morning with the liquid kelp it reminded me that every year I want to put all of the "sprays" into the sprayer at one time. I've never done so, but could I? In general I'm spraying a liquid fertilizer and a soap spray for bugs. I'm not worried about chemical reactions. Just wondering if it would be effective to combine all the sprays into a single gallon of water at once.

Thoughts?
I don’t think I would, not because of a chemical reaction as much as the possibility of rendering the insecticide less effective. Without knowing exactly the combination and carefully testing it is an unknown. I use several organic type insecticides for specific problems.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:57 PM

Well we got just a soft rain for about an hour this am. That is just what our garden loves. I am still picking a few peppers each day and cherry tomatoes. We are having them in our salad tonight.

Old 07-02-2018, 10:45 AM

No squash bugs yet; I didn't go the zinnia route but have been spraying them a little each night or early in the morning before the sun hits the back yard. I have lots of babies so we will see if they turn into grown ups.

Old 07-03-2018, 05:17 AM

Well starting to pick more each morning. Now it is a handful or more of cherry tomatoes each morning, as well as jalapenos and yesterday I picked enough basil to make 10 small cups (paper cups like the dentist uses) of pesto. It is enjoying itself in the freezer right not. Will do more in the fall. The rest of my herbs are just OK, but at least they are not dead.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:15 AM

126,390 posts, read 19,147,868 times
With this heat we are having my tomato plants are growing fast and many yellow/orange tomatoes are hanging already on the vines.While sweet millions I have been enjoying since a week every day a hand full.My chili plants are loaded with green chilies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden