Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 04:52 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,074,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Here's todays harvest .. I may need to open a veggie stand!!!
Would you share a picture of your cucumber plant? What variety are you growing? Did you start from seed?

I'm new to veggie gardening... and I grow them in containers on a sunny balcony. I've only done peppers, broccoli, lettuce, kale, chard, different kinds of herbs, carrots, and of course tomatoes so far! I really want to grow some cucumbers - and yours look beautiful!! How do they taste? Are they crisp enough? Tell me everything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,800,439 times
Here's a picture of my garden when my cukes started producing, they're on the right side .. tomatos in the back and beans to the left of the cukes:

I'm probably going to pull them in next week. The leaves are starting to yellow ... they've worked really hard this year!!!

My cucumbers this year have been outstanding. I don't even think they are anything other that straight forward cucumbers ... I buy them in a seed package ... simple simple simple. They look beautiful on the inside. My 7 & 4 year olds love them!!!! Watery too!

Old 07-26-2009, 05:55 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,222,779 times
domergurl you did get plenty off your small area planted! Did you use Miracle Grow on your plants?

Old 07-26-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
domergurl you did get plenty off your small area planted! Did you use Miracle Grow on your plants?
I think I sprayed it 3 times this summer with MG ...

Old 07-26-2009, 06:55 PM

187 posts, read 951,196 times
Quote:
Here's a picture of my garden when my cukes started producing, they're on the right side .. tomatos in the back and beans to the left of the cukes:

I'm probably going to pull them in next week. The leaves are starting to yellow ... they've worked really hard this year!!!

My cucumbers this year have been outstanding. I don't even think they are anything other that straight forward cucumbers ... I buy them in a seed package ... simple simple simple. They look beautiful on the inside. My 7 & 4 year olds love them!!!! Watery too!
What're the beans supported with?

Old 07-26-2009, 07:37 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,222,779 times
Quote:
I think I sprayed it 3 times this summer with MG ...
You have every right to be proud of your little corner garden great job!

Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,409,092 times
Quote:

Beautiful plants! Looks like you've got an excellent location too - right by a door so you can pop out and grab a fresh tomato, and head back in to make a sandwich!

Old 07-27-2009, 05:28 AM

19,623 posts, read 9,606,028 times
Any one here try those topsy-turvy's ? Was wondering how well they work (if it all).
I have a container basket of two cherry tomato plants, one banana pepper and one green pepper. They've been growing but still green. I've had some yellowing and wilting but that's doesn't seem to
be so much of a problem right now.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAbsolute View Post
What're the beans supported with?
Believe it or not, NOTHING! There's one big stalk and they all cling to it ...

Old 07-27-2009, 10:31 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,074,633 times
Quote:

Thank you for sharing! WOW! Is that one plant or three? It's HUGE! You have done a beautiful job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden