Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 03:19 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times

Advertisements

I haven't strolled around my garden for almost a week because of the high wind but today is just so absolutely gorgeous, I hobbled outside for a turn around the garden. And what a difference several days makes!!!

My crape myrtle has burst into life with beautiful green leaves! And, wonder of wonders, my peach tree, which is no more than 5 1/2 feet tall right now, has more than a dozen little peaches forming from where the pink flowers bloomed! I'm amazed!!!!

My magnolia is sooooooo leafy and I can't wait for it to bloom. The rosebushes have lots of flower buds, the climbers have reached the metal frame over the gate.

Best of all, the ladybugs have returned and can be found on every plant, marching around and munching on any harmful insects they encounter. Nature is bursting with abundant life here in Texas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 03:33 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Sounds beautiful. I like this time of year even better than the full bloom. It makes me think of an orchestra tuning up before the symphony. Do you have any photos?

Old 03-24-2009, 06:41 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,010,195 times
No, not yet. I sat on the porch and fixed my window boxes this evening. I should take some photos soon. If we do get some rain tomorrow, everything is really going to burst into flowers by the weekend.

I started my veggie plants inside and a friend is coming this weekend to cultivate my veggie patch. I'm offering land and water to apartment-bound friends to plant veggies for themselves, in exchange for the labor I can't do. I have power equipment they can use so it's not so bad, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden