Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,141,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
LOL! I just realized why you all thought that. That's asphalt. It's the street. There's a 4" curb that drops down right there. No, not in that kind of mountains and 4 hours from the coast. But I can see why you thought that now.
That's so funny! I thought that was a wave!!

Very pretty garden though, even without the ocean!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 12:46 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Sunny Knockout? - Roses Forum - GardenWeb
Sunny Knockout Rose | Sunny Knockout Roses

Also the blooms maintain their color longer in cool weather and will bloom until the first frost. I read some other articles that say the prolific blooming will give a yellow color as you have new blooms constantly coming out.

Old 05-17-2009, 03:46 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Amazing my friend. I planted two this summer and am very disappointed for the same reasons as everyone else. I got them from different sources both very good and they each thought I would be happy with. Was interesting as the pink and reds for sale were blooming but neither of the yellows were. I am glad to hear that I will eventually be happy. If I remember right from my research the yellow is a newer development than the red and pink. Glad to know it gets better.
Year three is supposed to be spectacular for all knockouts.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Year three is supposed to be spectacular for all knockouts.
TY that is what I am picking up. Also if you have a choice do not buy a regular knockout but go for the Double and newer Triple variety. I am assuming since they are a new hybrid they are still emerging as variety. I love my Double Pink Knockouts. They were put in by the builder and are in year 2. I put one in my self this year and am beginning to wish my 2 Yellows I recently planted were Pink. I have roses in the front of the house and then my rose bed in the back. I have the most beautiful Yellow long stem and was hoping the Sunny Knockouts would be similar.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:50 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,518,485 times
question about roses- I have a knockout rose. should I deadhead it to keep it blooming? is deadheading mean to cut off the little stem that the flower grew on?

Old 05-18-2009, 06:17 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydweller View Post
question about roses- I have a knockout rose. should I deadhead it to keep it blooming? is deadheading mean to cut off the little stem that the flower grew on?
No need to deadhead. This bush is almost maintenance free, yet one more reason to love it.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:20 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Also if you have a choice do not buy a regular knockout but go for the Double and newer Triple variety.
I like the double varieties the best, too--but there are some advantages to the single varieties. If you have limited sun, they are the most shade tolerant of the knockouts. I just posted a photo of a single knockout that thrives on only 4 hours of sun a day. Amazing! Also, my single knockouts usually get more blooms overall than the doubles.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I like the double varieties the best, too--but there are some advantages to the single varieties. If you have limited sun, they are the most shade tolerant of the knockouts. I just posted a photo of a single knockout that thrives on only 4 hours of sun a day. Amazing! Also, my single knockouts usually get more blooms overall than the doubles.
Interesting, now I know why the builder put them on the East front of the house. The doubles there are doing well also but I didn't realize the singles are more shade tolerant. I have my rose bed in the back of the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden