Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 05:16 PM

720 posts, read 1,709,390 times

Advertisements

We live in North Carolina. Our routine is every 4-6 months, spray around inside baseboards, under sinks, anywhere close to the outside with Or tho spray. Then go around the outside of the house.
We've bug bombed the crawl space twice in 2 years.
Once in awhile I see dead as a door nail bugs an inch or so away from the wall.
The ortho is odorless, the bomb, we had to vacate the house for a few hours. First time DH bombed, he said it was like the Exodus. Glad I wasn't there to witness that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 05:58 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I'm in Georgia, and I get them too. I am freaked out by them too, mostly because, unless they are dead, which is most of the time, they are fast moving and if I don't kill them, I'm freaked out about there they went.
I also don't have a clue how they get in.
What we do, is spray the perimeter of the house, foundation, doorways, and inside the garage, with a DIY spray (Ortho). The ones that do come in, we usually find belly up. We find about one or two a month.
Since I'm so creeped out, I also spray places where wires or waterlines come into the house causing an opening in the wall, like behind the washer and dryer and refrigerator.
I was never squeamish about bugs or mice until we moved south and got these things. I am trying to work on my freakout factor, because, really, they are harmless.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,842 times
All of a sudden there are water bugs getting into my home. My clothes dryer is not vented to the outside, so i figure the moisture that evidently is under the house may be the cause?

Old 05-25-2015, 02:43 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
okay first off ortho stinks in the way of killing bugs . I prefer Bengal spray it flushes and it kills which is what I like the fact that it flushes . I used it in florida and anything that can kill bugs in florida is a good product . It has a pic of a Bengal tiger on the can . It works . Good luck I know that they are disgusting those bugs .

Old 05-02-2017, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,049 times
Default monster roaches

I find it's best to put flea collars on the larger ones.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:06 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Since my last post 2 years ago:

I have them in GA also. It is true that they are harmless and are not interested in food, but that doesn't mean I'm not creeped out. I hate anything that runs fast and disappears...eeek!

I put my foot down and insisted we get an exterminator. We get the perimeter of the house sprayed every other month. The spray is a relatively non toxic plant based. The way it works is the bugs get the poison on their feet. They groom themselves and ingest it. It takes awhile for them to die. Frequently, they come in, but you find them flipped over and almost dead.

This is not as good as if they don't come in at all, but at least they are staying still, so I can pop a plastic container over them until the hubby gets home.

We've had the exterminators for 2 years now, and the number of palmettos inside has gone way down, from several every week to an almost dead one, once in awhile.

It goes without saying that if you have tight seals around doors and windows, this helps too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden