Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 04:36 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,546,706 times

Advertisements

I love my tulips and look forward to them after a long cold winter. I don't have dozens of them but the clumps of 3 here and there are colorful. One of the hospitals in my town planted dozens of pink ones to support breast cancer survivors and we all love to see those. Most of mine have been in the ground 5 seasons and haven't fail to bloom yet. I am planting about 20 more this fall. I usually wait til November, so I guess they will go in today as we are supposed to get Northeaster tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
I like daffodils. You can plant them in small bunches or in large groups and they're a welcome sign of spring. They look good anywhere, on grassy hills, near shrubs, by the mailbox. You buy them for Easter and just plant the bulbs when they're done blooming or look in cemetary trashcans and dump piles after they're done blooming and are tossed away. After several years you can get a good landscaping feature for not much cost. Some places have hundreds or thousands of them and they're spectacular in yellow and white.
They have a more natural wild look about them, but mix in some red tulips and purple or yellow crocus and white snow drops for color in an established garden.
I'm told chipmunks like to eat the bulbs so maybe plant them a little deep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden