Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:16 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
I really do dislike stereotypes kudzu, but, I gotta wonder, are you blonde???? .
Hey hey hey HEYYYY...some of us resemble that remark.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:16 PM

651 posts, read 1,416,859 times
Six pages of dogpiling on one poster seems a bit much given the offense. I agree that the OP was wrong but the point has been made.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:43 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,861,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
Six pages of dogpiling on one poster seems a bit much given the offense. I agree that the OP was wrong but the point has been made.
So long as the OP continues to express the feeling that she is right, and the worker was wrong, i'd expect the "dogpiling" to continue for as long as the thread remains active.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:13 PM

651 posts, read 1,416,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
So long as the OP continues to express the feeling that she is right, and the worker was wrong, i'd expect the "dogpiling" to continue for as long as the thread remains active.
The OP hasn't expressed anything since page 3; this thread remains active because other posters are keeping it going. Dogpiling a poster won't force the OP to admit she is wrong. It will only keep this thread and the negativity going. As I said earlier, the point has been made. Is there any reason to continue to make the same point for 6 pages?

Old 09-28-2009, 06:22 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
The OP hasn't expressed anything since page 3; this thread remains active because other posters are keeping it going. Dogpiling a poster won't force the OP to admit she is wrong. It will only keep this thread and the negativity going. As I said earlier, the point has been made. Is there any reason to continue to make the same point for 6 pages?
People can't have some fun? Easiest thing would be just not to come back to this thread. Thanks for a morning chuckle, everyone. I won't be returning to this thread but it certainly was fun reading it!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:57 AM

9 posts, read 17,756 times
Default Looks like the results of a psychology experiment

One that shows how cruel people can be when they have anonymity.

"Nokudzu" actually received some helpful responses, but the critical and judgemental ones are unbelievable. I assume few if any here actually know nokudzu.

This reminds me of politics and religion, where if one disagrees with another, they attack the personality and intelligence of the other - instead of focusing on the issues.

An example, the "Are you blonde?" remark. Of course that implies that nokudzu is "dumb". Having seen her posts, I can tell she is not "dumb" - in fact she seems to be well educated.

Make your comments helpful, not spiteful - and I mean full of spite.

PS: save ur comments on my spelling and grammar, they offer nothing of value to me or the group.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:05 AM

6,451 posts, read 9,812,682 times
^^^^

Well, when she is given really good advice, then completely ignores it and says the poster had nothing constructive (when they most assuridly did) I have to question her ability to read and comprehend what was written. I think she has her mindset that she was right and the CBYD guy was wrong. She wants us to validate her feelings but I believe the majority of people here disagree with her. It does not make her dumb that we disagree with her, it just doesnt look good for her when she posts replies that are blatantly wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
As an alternative, you can also use marker spots and notes. If you have a perimeter fence, put tiny marks on it that are normally not visible, but can be used as a guide. Say you have a line that crosses your property at an angle - you mark the entrance and exit points, and tack a string between the two when you want to locate the line. Or you can buy a bag of white pebbles or marbles, and lay them over the line. Or you can buy a metal detector of your own. Or you can pay to have the lines moved to a different location and skip the problem altogether. See all the different solutions you have that don't waste time, energy, and aggravation?
Sounds like some good advice to me, so obviously she either can't read and comprehend, or just chose to ignore good advice and call the other poster out for having nothing constructive to say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Chickpea, others have had positive suggestions which I certainly will try to follow but your comments offered nothing constructive and follow your past posts which seem to show your enjoyment of putting people down. .

Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,694,717 times
As frustrated I was (and am) that the OP didn't seem to understand or care about positive comments and suggestions, or that what she did was wrong, I have to agree with Maia160, enough is enough. If they haven't figured it out yet, they just aren't going to.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:59 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,858 times
Quote:

Thank you Maia, for your insightful post.

Reading through this thread, dogpiling certainly came to mind.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:05 AM

1,075 posts, read 4,310,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmeta4 View Post
One that shows how cruel people can be when they have anonymity.
"Nokudzu" actually received some helpful responses, but the critical and judgemental ones are unbelievable. I assume few if any here actually know nokudzu.

This reminds me of politics and religion, where if one disagrees with another, they attack the personality and intelligence of the other - instead of focusing on the issues.

An example, the "Are you blonde?" remark. Of course that implies that nokudzu is "dumb". Having seen her posts, I can tell she is not "dumb" - in fact she seems to be well educated.

Make your comments helpful, not spiteful - and I mean full of spite.

PS: save ur comments on my spelling and grammar, they offer nothing of value to me or the group.

So true about how cruel people can be while hiding behind their screens, and given an opening when they see a couple different opinions being expressed, love to jump on the bandwagon offering up such intelligent comments such as the one above.

In this particular forum, have seen many of no kudzu's posts, offering up helpful information to others.

I hope that the last few pages of this thread have not scared her off for good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden