U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-09-2012, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Oregon
1,457 posts, read 5,760,901 times
Reputation: 1414

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnabout View Post
So, riddle me this....That paper and cardboard, what was its 'basic form'?
It was created from nutrients drawn up from the soil to 'grow' into a cellular form. (tree)
Now it is recycled back to the soil by way of decompsing, to start the process again.
Nothing so far speaks in riddles.

Also, paper is not "created". Man manufactures stuff.

About 5% of a tree is from the soil. And the other 95% is from the atmosphere and water. If wood decays, it may not be starting the same identical process all over again.

From that, you may be able to get a riddle.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-22-2015, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Oregon
1,457 posts, read 5,760,901 times
Reputation: 1414
This topic came to mind recently as some guy called to harp like I pat Monsanto on the back, when in reality the aim is to get people to use less.

Got to trying orange oil someone suggested last summer and that bombed. And won't try vinegar mixes because they are too expensive.

Still think as alternative to sheet-mulching, that thick mulch is an ideal option, often meaning no roundup either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top