Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 10:05 AM

192 posts, read 560,378 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am trying to track down immigration records for a Benjamin Pritchard who married Esther Sass in England in 1802, and then came to the U.S. Do you know what the best source would be for this information?

I would also be interested in finding birth and death records for him...I have been told that he returned to England later in life and died there, but I have no way to confirm this..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 09:11 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,384,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scdreamer View Post
Hello,
I am trying to track down immigration records for a Benjamin Pritchard who married Esther Sass in England in 1802, and then came to the U.S. Do you know what the best source would be for this information?

I would also be interested in finding birth and death records for him...I have been told that he returned to England later in life and died there, but I have no way to confirm this..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
You may already have this, but with a quick look I found where Benjamin Franklin Pritchard married Esther Sass (a minor) (with consent of her father) on 20 July 1802, St Bride Parish, Fleet Street, County of London, City of London. There are copies of the marriage license.

That's all the time I could spare tonight, but if you will send me a Direct Message with your email address and any other data you have, I will try to help. I got this from my Ancestry.com, with world wide access.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:08 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times

Old 07-21-2010, 10:37 PM

scdreamer, I checked all my other sources and find nothing else on this family. I'm sorry, I sure thought I could be more helpful.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:46 AM

192 posts, read 560,378 times
Thank you so much, ArkansasSlim! I have the date & location of their wedding, but have not seen a marriage licesnse--that's exciting!

I feel pretty stuck, as I don't have birth or death records for Benjamin & Esther...if you can think of any place I should be checking, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Old 07-22-2010, 01:53 PM

I could not find birth or death of Benjamin or Esther. What I did find were LOTS of Benjamin Pritchards and could not narrow them down without more data.

Do you have a subscription to Ancestry.com? That's where I found the marriage documents. I may have mentioned before that I have the subscription where I have access to "world wide" documents. One of the marriage documents appears to be an entry into a Log Book and the other may be a copy of the license. I'll see if I can get them to print (they are hard to read), and if I can I'll forward them to you by email.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:26 PM

scdreamer, I am sending by direct message my name and email address, so if you reply I will send you, by Attachment, the license, as well as other data which may or may not fit these two people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy