Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 938 times

Advertisements

This is a great little place I just found while searching google for a family history books. They have great hardback leather covered books that I think will make a great Christmas gift. I already bought one and may buy a few more if I like it. It sounds great but I have to see it first before I decide to buy more. I will keep you guys posted.

I am nt sure if I should post their web address here in fear of getting kicked out of city-data but I will put it down in a way I hope will not violate their rules and it is:

MOD CUT

Maybe you heard of it already.

Last edited by linicx; 11-23-2010 at 02:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 10:18 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,768,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelais4ever View Post
This is a great little place I just found while searching google for a family history books. They have great hardback leather covered books that I think will make a great Christmas gift. I already bought one and may buy a few more if I like it. It sounds great but I have to see it first before I decide to buy more. I will keep you guys posted.

I am nt sure if I should post their web address here in fear of getting kicked out of city-data but I will put it down in a way I hope will not violate their rules and it is:

MOD CUT

I have bought CDs from them of out-of-print books and even had a photocopy made as well by them of one of the texts ( it is a "primary source" lineage of one line of my husband's family which is in multiple genealogy libraries, written about 1810)

Good company

Last edited by linicx; 11-23-2010 at 02:34 AM..

Old 11-22-2010, 05:13 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,914,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelais4ever View Post

MOD CUT

Thanks for that link and resource!

PS Posting a link such as that isn't against city-data's TOS. What would be inappropriate would be: a link to a site similar to city-data; a link to your own site to promote your own business; typing a very long quote from a site (a snippet with the link to the full article is allowed); purposely flaming another member; posting something in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread or the forum; etc. Your ancestralbooks link is none of the above, and is in fact the perfect kind of information that folks are interested in and find quite useful.

Last edited by linicx; 12-22-2010 at 07:54 PM..

Old 11-22-2010, 06:05 AM

10,194 posts, read 17,731,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
a link to your own site to promote your own business;
It may very well be just that though. I'm a little suspicious that someone signed up, didn't fill anything out in their profile and has only posted once, that one time being to post a link to a business. Granted, it's one that fits the subject of this forum but if the OP has any affiliation with the company, it is still spam and against the TOS. You'd think if this member had any interest in the forum beyond sharing this url, he/she would have posted in other topics. I could be wrong, which is why I didn't report it as spam... but I would not be surprised if we never heard from this user again.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:17 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,086,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
I have bought CDs from them of out-of-print books and even had a photocopy made as well by them of one of the texts ( it is a "primary source" lineage of one line of my husband's family which is in multiple genealogy libraries, written about 1810)

Good company
A published book is NEVER considered a primary source. Old genealogies are particularly prone to error, as people used to do genealogy to prove their lofty connections. Sometimes that was motivation to falsify things.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:11 PM

947 posts, read 1,242,311 times
Couldn't check out the link.And since my family is german and hungarian, i couldn't read anything in those languages anyhow.I do know my relatives in Nuremberg keep the family history book.I'd like to go there some day and check it out.While my dad never got there in 1958 or 59,when he went TDY to England and Germany,he did get to go to Garmisch, and looked up some things in the parish records,which jived with what he had been told by his father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy