Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 PM

222 posts, read 436,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
Ive never met a full blooded native american in my entire life, most people that claim to be are usually mixed with whites or hispanic, etc

are there any surviving full blooded natives left or are they all mixed or partial race now?

they seem like they are almost extinct?
I'm of Mexican and Italian heritage. I did the DNA test through family tree. My results were around 25% Native.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 03:19 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,764,657 times
I've met several. Comanche, Navajo and Ute. There's a Ute Nations Pow Wow here in town each year and talking with the Tribal members, most of them are full blooded. Also traveling to Four Corners, I've talked to several full blooded Navajo. I'm also friends with a full blooded Apache here in town. The elders I've spoken to stories are fascinating.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:51 AM

210 posts, read 392,249 times
Certainly not extinct! lol the majority of Latinos are full native american, partial, or have at least a smudge of native american in them. Just visit the andean countries in Latin America, Guatemala, and Mexico. Plenty of native americans there. If you forgot, the Americas start in North america and extend down to South America.

Quote:
Ive never met a full blooded native american in my entire life, most people that claim to be are usually mixed with whites or hispanic, etc

are there any surviving full blooded natives left or are they all mixed or partial race now?

Old 03-21-2013, 03:18 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,099,703 times
My neighbor was born and raised on a reservation in Arizona. I met his parents, nephew and great nephew. He and his parents were most certainly full blood.
I lived among the nine tribes in NE OK, and had native and mixed blood friend.

There is caveat. Tribal members intermarry. Are their children full blood? It would depend upon who you ask. I would say not, but they are certainly Native American in all aspects.

The Native American of today is not Aztec/Spanish. A great many descend from the First Nation in Canada: the Algonkin Nation which controlled the vast majority of what would become the United States long before the 16th century.
Many of the tribes that existed then are extinct.

The earliest Native America relics found in the United States are dated to about 11,000 years ago.

Quote:

Old 04-21-2013, 02:51 AM

3 posts, read 19,852 times
Full bloods are rare. Just use cences role to know for sure. My mom Side Going back eight generations are full Shoshone. My father is English. I'm half. My husband is full Shoshone and proven through cences role. They are both dark skin and long hair to their knees. Thank you for readin
g.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:48 AM

5 posts, read 11,718 times
Don't also forget there are indigenous Indians in South America as well, but that is a whole different story.

Old 05-19-2013, 03:01 AM

536 posts, read 1,531,019 times
You said 12. What do you mean by that?

Old 05-27-2013, 06:04 PM

221 posts, read 377,772 times
Default Go to South America

Quote:

You can see some there.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,731 times
There are some Full bloods left in this country. Many tribes are turning to DNA to find proof on members and many are turning up with no native blood at all. Whats left of the native population in the U.S. will be bred out of existence. The country with the most natives is Mexico boasting 35% Full Blood Indian, 55% Mix , 10% White. I myself am 78% native, 6% East Indian, 16% White. If you have tribal affiliation, the government will pay for the cost of a DNA test. Whatever the result I am sure it will be interesting.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:59 AM

14,613 posts, read 17,272,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. Luna View Post
The country with the most natives is Mexico boasting 35% Full Blood Indian, 55% Mix , 10% White. I myself am 78% native, 6% East Indian, 16% White. If you have tribal affiliation, the government will pay for the cost of a DNA test. Whatever the result I am sure it will be interesting.
I am not sure where you got that number from. I have always heard less than 10% indigenous people in Mexico, of which only a little more than half still speak on of the languages.

I am sure that most of those 10% have maybe one part in 1024 as European, but it is not identifiable without some serious testing.

USA statistics are not based on blood analysis, but rather self identification. If you think of yourself as black, then you are black. If you define yourself as part black, and part white then that is how you are described.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy