Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,815 times

Advertisements

Why would the government hide this truth from us? So they could blind us from who we once were at the time, and then when we
Ask him about it he then says "ooh why you asking me about this question, you mean you never knew about that" and then he says "since you never toke notice about your culture I could tell you that they were extinct over 400 years ago, so don't ask ignorant
Questions when that happened 400 years ago your being ignorant asking me question's like that".
And then you believe in what he say's out of ignorance and lack of having knowledge of your own tribe, when in reality he's
Just taking full advantage over you and he feel's like he could say any thing he wants about who your people's once were, and you would believe him like a 5 year old child or baby,
Because that's how he views you or us.
He also lies to us because of a bunch of political reasons, because he doesn't want to give up on the nice land that was once owned by are people, who suffered horribly by epidemic, and that's how they got there land by wiping them out, or they'd bully them until they'd just move away from there land to a nice peaceful place.
In the past americans thought that native's were inferior and thought since they new a lot about nature, and about the wild life, then they minus well should of lived in the woods like animals. And since the americans had no clue about the wild life that they should been the one's to be living on land.
Are Government hide's all this stuff from us, he himself has all the documentation's of are history and the act's that was passed down, that was used to support all the removal of the native americans. They study off of it, so they could counter ever last question or step we make.
To keep us locked up in the invisible box Longer like slave's mentally
Like for example, the way are Government views us is
the same way Columbus viewed us He thought the Taino looked coward and could easily be defeated and enslaved:

And this is Columbus speaking
"They...brought us parrots and balls of cotton and spears and many other things... They would make fine servants... With fifty
men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want".

And know you tell me if you you'd rather be in the Government's side, and have him lie to you about who you were in the past. When he's just going to lie to you, so you could be in the blind box longer.
Or stand up in faith and know that your tribe still exist's. If he keeps deny your existence. And do your research,
I have a couple of books that will educate you about the truth, and there called.

1. [Guns, Germs, and Steel].

2. [American Indian Holocaust and Survival
Subtitle: A Population History Since 1492.]

3. [Lies My Teacher Told Me,
Subtitle: And Every Thing Your American History Textbook Got Wrong.]
And one more book,

4. [Howard Zinn, A People's History of The United States].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 06:30 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,673,944 times
I grew up with a large picture that hung over the fire place of three very finely dressed women from around the turn of the century. They were clearly part Native American and they were my grandfather's older sisters. They grew up on a reservation in Texas and my father who was born on Creek land in Oklahoma spoke creek until he was about 12 years old.
We never bothered getting roll numbers because from my Grandfather on down we defined ourselves as African Americans and never lived as Creeks and shouldn't have any benifits from claiming our Creek heritage. Although we are proud of it we have just as much Irish from both sides also. We look African American so thats who we are.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:36 AM

2 posts, read 5,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
If you're finding out you're Taino it's certainly via the Carribean. I'm sorry to tell you, but the Taino culture was obliterated when the Spanish brutally enslaved the whole population and through disease. Their decendents are Cubans and Peurto Ricans, but there's no full blooded Taino left and the culture and language disappeared centuries ago, preserved only in written accounts and through archaeology. There still exist tribes that were related to the Taino, however, as they were related to the Arawak peoples, many tribes of whom still survive in South America. If you want to find out about related peoples, lookup the Arawaks. They are not Taino, but they are close, in the way the Polish are not the Slovaks, but they aren't so different when compared to Somali.

Not true Bimbam, Taino people today are mixed bloods look on flip side MtDna tested from internet and weren't obliterated and theres tribe called Guatu'ma'cu a borike'n of Taino council in Puerto Rico look it up that name from website too

Old 11-09-2013, 12:41 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyman View Post
Once you found out, di you "become' a member of that tribe?
No, it's more complicated than that. The one tribe that I'm sure of only accepts people who stayed in the area, which my ancestors didn't. Not that I would have even tried since all I have in common is a couple of ancestors back in the early 1700s. I find them fascinating and enjoy learning things from my VERY distant cousins, but why would I try to join the tribe?

Old 11-09-2013, 03:07 AM

393 posts, read 1,497,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manaya1 View Post
Not true Bimbam, Taino people today are mixed bloods look on flip side MtDna tested from internet and weren't obliterated and theres tribe called Guatu'ma'cu a borike'n of Taino council in Puerto Rico look it up that name from website too
Thank you for the information, I watched a couple videos on You Tube with them dancing. Fascinating!

Old 11-09-2013, 10:08 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,084,856 times
If you are 1/364th African, descended from a slave generations ago, but were raised and look caucasian, do you suddenly start thinking of yourself as black when you find out about that ancestor? Why not? I'll tell you why not, because it's absurd. Yet anyone with a native american ancestor, no matter how far removed, seems to feel some sort of "affinity", "spiritual connection" or something. What nonsense.
My wife is 4/4 blood quantum enrolled in the Hopi Tribe of Arizona and my son is 2/4, also enrolled. They're indians. They speak their language and know their extant culture. If I found out tomorrow my great to the sixth power grandfather was Cherokee, even if I could prove it with the required paper trail and enroll, IMO it wouldn't make me Cherokee.
Good grief.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:41 AM

2 posts, read 5,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalCat View Post
Thank you for the information, I watched a couple videos on You Tube with them dancing. Fascinating!
Ur welcome fyi Taino ppl r actually related to arawak family even spoken same arawak language, bimwam got it little incorrect saying they close to arawak,no they r definitely related family have a nice day

Old 11-09-2013, 10:48 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,534,337 times
It's a matter of people being bored with who they are and needing to feel unique

Old 01-13-2014, 07:45 AM

322 posts, read 707,671 times
If your family is of authentic Native American ancestry, you pretty much know about....you don't find out 20 years later or 10, take your pic.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:47 AM

322 posts, read 707,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
For most people they found out they are Native American by looking in the mirror and seeing a Native American looking phenotype.

Gee Wiz....By that defintion, most of the White population in America would dub themselves "Native American."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy