U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

47,355 posts, read 27,480,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
My husband discovered 5 cousins off the line of the oldest of 8 children of his 3rd g-grandparents, 30+ (yes thirty +) off the 3rd child ( they also don't speak to anyone but that line), 1 off the 7th child and himself off the last ( 8th child). We also have 2 off of different lines and my husband off a 3rd of 5 children of a different set of 3rd g-grandparents. Brick walls did tumble, amazingly, pictures showed distant cousins looked like twins -- a very enjoyable situation. Those of us all in one area get together. We are spread form NY to CA.We can trace the route the family took west by where people are located.

When you find one relative, you may find many.
Cool.

Some of my ancestors worked their way west building railroads. Started in New York and went southwest to Missouri and beyond.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 PM

34,567 posts, read 36,743,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Great stuff!

It would be good if family Bible owners would scan and post pages with family information. Such an easy thing to do these days. This would be especially helpful since many may be descended from the original Bible owners, but only one family member can hold the book at a time.
I do have a transcription of a Bible record that includes the birth of one of my grandmothers. It mentions that it was raining at the time she was born. None of the other entries have a comment like that.

It made the raw name and date info more than just a dry statistic.

I know what Georgia rain is like. It's outside my window right now.

Old 11-03-2011, 03:04 PM

8,776 posts, read 11,066,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
ADB, send me a DM with as much detail as possible and I'll see if I can come up with anything. It's going to be difficult though for that time frame, especially in that area.
Thanks! Do you want date/place of birth, parents names and all that? Or more? Let me know and I'll get on it. I have all of it.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:33 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,917,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Thanks! Do you want date/place of birth, parents names and all that? Or more? Let me know and I'll get on it. I have all of it.
Yes to all the above, but even with all that, I do not feel very optimistic.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:57 PM

8,776 posts, read 11,066,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
Yes to all the above, but even with all that, I do not feel very optimistic.
Okay. I have to agree with you though. Sigh...

Old 11-04-2011, 08:46 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

47,355 posts, read 27,480,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I do have a transcription of a Bible record that includes the birth of one of my grandmothers. It mentions that it was raining at the time she was born. None of the other entries have a comment like that.

It made the raw name and date info more than just a dry statistic.

I know what Georgia rain is like. It's outside my window right now.
Another insight, great when we can imagine what something was like in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy