U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 9,077 times

Advertisements

Greetings All,

I am in the process of putting together a family tree, which can be a daunting task if you have ever attempted the project.

I am a descendant of the Bacot/Bacote's of Society Hill, SC and I'm looking for others to share information with, if you are also looking to trace your family or just looking to fill in missing gaps in your lineage lets share our info.

I am the granddaughter of Pauline Bacote Zimmerman, the great granddaughter of Jessie Cyrus (?) Bacote and Anna Jane Vann-Bacote and the great great granddaughter of Dimbo Bacote.

If anyone has any information on these people, please feel free to contact me at is forum site.

Thank you
Cynthia
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 9,046 times
Default Im a Bacotw

Hi my last name is bacote, i never knew where my name came from and i was hoping to find someone who does.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:34 AM

3 posts, read 20,546 times
Default Bacote

The BaCote' family came to America from France. They were looking to escape religious persecution. Many settled in SC. Because they had been persecuted, they were very liberal. Many did not believe in slavery. Some that had slaves released them upon their deaths. A few married native americans and blacks.

For the previous post, I am also a descendent of Dembo Bacote. We have a reunion each year Memorial Day weekend. Contact me for more information.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:56 AM

1 posts, read 8,954 times
Default I am a Bacote

My name is Theodore Bacote III, son of Ted and Mamye Bacote Jr. I was recently in SC and began wondering when and where we get together. I remember going to a family reunion years ago in Florence, but I haven't been to one for several years now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubeings19 View Post
Greetings All,

I am in the process of putting together a family tree, which can be a daunting task if you have ever attempted the project.

I am a descendant of the Bacot/Bacote's of Society Hill, SC and I'm looking for others to share information with, if you are also looking to trace your family or just looking to fill in missing gaps in your lineage lets share our info.

I am the granddaughter of Pauline Bacote Zimmerman, the great granddaughter of Jessie Cyrus (?) Bacote and Anna Jane Vann-Bacote and the great great granddaughter of Dimbo Bacote.

If anyone has any information on these people, please feel free to contact me at is forum site.

Thank you
Cynthia

Old 07-25-2008, 12:48 AM

3 posts, read 20,546 times
Default ABK Family Reunion

Hi Theodore III,

I once lived in Richmond and met your father and mother. The family reunion is Memorial Day weekend each year. In 2009, it will be in NJ or the Philadelphia area. Information will be posted to the ABK Family website.

William Bacote

Old 11-03-2008, 07:25 PM

1 posts, read 8,790 times
My name is Bacote and my family is from Florence Sc so there is a good chance we are related my grandfather is kenneth john Bacote his brother was Tyrone Bacote I recently met a female minister in SC who is a Bacote and distant cousin anyone know anyone im talking about?

Old 01-19-2009, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 8,665 times
Hi, I would like to know the complete website address for the ABK reunion. I am Ernestine Bacote-Hairston. Thank you much for your help.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:05 AM

4 posts, read 24,051 times
Default Hi my last name is Bacote

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubeings19 View Post
Greetings All,

Thank you
Cynthia
My name is Evelina Bacote and my grandmother name is Betty Bacote. My mother name is Essie and her brother name Harvey Bacote They resided in BRONX NY for a long time .Before i was born my grandfather died i believe his name was also Harvey.I only seen pictures of him and all i know that he was red boned and indian. Please update me with information.

Old 02-07-2009, 04:08 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,764,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehairsto View Post
Hi, I would like to know the complete website address for the ABK reunion. I am Ernestine Bacote-Hairston. Thank you much for your help.
Here is the site:
Home
FAQ
Q. A. Nonly

Old 02-12-2009, 07:11 AM

4 posts, read 24,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michieboo2010 View Post
My name is Evelina Bacote and my grandmother name is Betty Bacote. My mother name is Essie and her brother name Harvey Bacote They resided in BRONX NY for a long time .Before i was born my grandfather died i believe his name was also Harvey.I only seen pictures of him and all i know that he was red boned and indian. Please update me with information.
i have a big problem my greatgrandmother was a slave and i dont understand how it come about that my grandmother became a bacote my grandfather was a bacote so does this mean my grandfather mother was rape as a slave and had him and he was half white and black because he was real red and i was told we came from indian decent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy