U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 02:58 PM

4 posts, read 1,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
It never fails-- an unexpected DNA result, and people immediately start doubting your parentage, instead of understanding that these tests can be very inaccurate. Even when you said you confirmed they are your parents!

And no, it doesn't mean your test was "tainted."

Which company did you use? I've done four different ones and they all came out with major differences. What you describe is not unusual at all. What is your actual ancestry?

Aries - Haha it's true, those types of responses are inevitable on message boards like this one. I can absolutely confirm my parents are indeed my biological parents. Even Ancestry.com was able to pinpoint and match based on the results that my parents are my parents, and my siblings are my siblings (including a fraternal twin sister).

We all used Ancestry.com's DNA test. My actual ancestry is around:

60%ish Italian/Greek
20%ish Irish
10%ish Iberian Peninsula
5%ish German

My guess is I should take Ancestry's results with a grain of salt regarding the specific percentages!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 07:17 PM

9,254 posts, read 14,290,922 times
Thanks for getting back to us about it - as I suspected, it was absolutely ridiculous to even question whether your parents are your bio parents based on the ethnicity report alone, especially when you'd already confirmed it in your original post. The test results make it pretty obvious in your match list whether they are your bio parents or not - I figured you'd seen it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or