Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 02:23 PM

635 posts, read 783,604 times

Advertisements

Has Elizabeth Warren ever been tested?

Old 02-17-2018, 03:38 PM

10,207 posts, read 17,859,740 times
Not that I know of, but it doesn't really matter. The ethnicity reports from DNA tests are only estimates and they do not always pick up ancestry from too long ago. Many people with proven Native American ancestors don't get DNA results in Native American because their last full blooded NA ancestor was from too long ago. A DNA test wouldn't necessarily disprove her NA claim.

Old 02-17-2018, 03:42 PM

166 posts, read 116,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapie9969 View Post
Has Elizabeth Warren ever been tested?
No. Those tests are not accurate so there is no reason to use them.

Those tests are not accurate nor do they determine who is native american. My best friens siblings got tested, totally different results. Both are Native American.

If it were me, I would've asked for my money back

Elizabeth Warren is from Oklahoma. I've researched her entire family well into the 1800's in Oklahoma. She has a large family.

Let's just say it would be ALMOST IMPOSSSIBLE for her not to be Native American because that's all there were, 90% when you look at the census in that area.

Oklahoma became an official state in 1906. My Grandpa lived in one state then it was re-named another. How weird.

In order to be Native American for any benefits sakes, you need to be listed on the Dawes Rolls. You can search online for her maiden name over there then go from there using a website called 3Fold. It's been a while since I've done it. I realize what I've posted is foolishness to most who aren't familiar with Native American research but if you want to learn, it isn't really that hard. Just takes time

Old 02-17-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLeg View Post
In order to be Native American for any benefits sakes, you need to be listed on the Dawes Rolls. You can search online for her maiden name over there then go from there using a website called 3Fold. It's been a while since I've done it. I realize what I've posted is foolishness to most who aren't familiar with Native American research but if you want to learn, it isn't really that hard. Just takes time
Dawes rolls haven't been in use since 1914. They are not currently used to get Native American benefits.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Dawes rolls haven't been in use since 1914. They are not currently used to get Native American benefits.
I know FIRSTHAND the Dawes Rolls were used last year for me to become a verified native american. They are the PRIMARY way someone becomes eligible for benefits as if your name is found there, then your DIRECT native american ancestor was a Federal Tribe Member. Thus you qualify to join that tribe

I brought my family tree book in. The Native American Clinic was also able to accept my medical insurance to boot, not billing me for my co-payment due to being a verified Indian. You need to do a little research before calling someone out regarding your own error.

Only those belonging to Federal Tribes or eligible are able to become verified in order to receive a level of medical, and sometimes, dental benefits.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I know FIRSTHAND the Dawes Rolls were used last year for me to become a verified native american. They are the PRIMARY way someone becomes eligible for benefits as if your name is found there, then your DIRECT native american ancestor was a Federal Tribe Member. Thus you qualify to join that tribe

I brought my family tree book in. The Native American Clinic was also able to accept my medical insurance to boot, not billing me for my co-payment due to being a verified Indian. You need to do a little research before calling someone out regarding your own error
The Dawes Rolls can be used to prove you have a Native American ancestor, but you specifically said "In order to be Native American for any benefits sakes, you need to be listed on the Dawes Rolls." You clearly said "you need to be listed" not "your ancestor needs to be listed". My research is just fine, thanks.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
The Dawes Rolls can be used to prove you have a Native American ancestor, but you specifically said "In order to be Native American for any benefits sakes, you need to be listed on the Dawes Rolls." You clearly said "you need to be listed" not "your ancestor needs to be listed". My research is just fine, thanks.
You're doing a 360 now. Sneaky Sneaky. The dawes rolls are the PRIMARY records used to get IHS Medical Benefits despite your untruth here-

//www.city-data.com/forum/51058853-post4.html

Quote:
You do not understand how Native American Research works, My name was found there, MY LAST NAME.

Here's your post- People read my post AND the response. See the sneaky sneaky way this person tried to put words in my mouth???
//www.city-data.com/forum/51058973-post6.html

Back to it-
Remember, we are proving NATIVE AMERICAN ANCESTRY

By proving your DIRECT NATIVE AMERICAN ANCESTOR is listed on the DAWES ROLLS, that is the same and akin to YOU BEING LISTED THERE. I FOUND MY NAME THERE- LAST NAME attached to my Grandmother & Grandfather. This means I am eligible to join their Tribe and BE VERFIEID Native American for eligibility for IHS benefits

Last edited by DaddyLongLeg; 02-17-2018 at 04:41 PM..

Old 02-17-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
You're doing a 360 now. Sneaky Sneaky.
I think you mean 180.

Quote:
You do not understand how Native American Research works, My name was found there, MY LAST NAME.

Remember, we are proving NATIVE AMERICAN ANCESTRY

By proving your DIRECT NATIVE AMERICAN ANCESTOR is listed on the DAWES ROLLS, that is the same and akin to YOU BEING LISTED THERE. IT means you are eligible to join your Direct Ancestors FEDERAL tribe.

It means they FOUND YOU.

LOL. "You" somehow equals "your last name"? Nice try. If you misspoke, and simply worded it wrong, just say so. The only one trying to change up what you're saying here is you.

My point, from the very beginning, was that "you", as an individual living today, can not be listed on the Dawes rolls. This is accurate. I'm sorry you don't like me pointing out the fact that you misspoke, but there's no need to freak out and start screaming.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:47 PM

THe Dawes Rolls are names collected from Indian Territory between the dates of 1896-1906.

There are family names, birthdates, ages and locations listed. These are compared to census records to ensure this is your direct ancsestor. Brith & death records, marriages, census which include locations, names of kin. This is because others can have the same names. Unique names such as in my family will get you verified easier, especially in Indian Terriroty where sections had very few people

They call it indian territory because the majority of people were indians. My Father is from a large family like Elizabeth Warren so it would be almost impossible for her or I, to not be native american. Many Tribes didn't keep records. My GG Grandfather and GG Grandmother was killed by the whites. Most people would not allow their names to go onto that list as they didn't trust the whites. They had attempted to kill them via wars, including the TRAIL OF TEARS.

So many documents were destroyed. My Father never admitted he was Native American out of habit for his safety. Passed down from generation to generation. Of course if it was family, he couldn't deny but otherwise he told no one. Even those who comment he appeared to be Native American.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I think you mean 180.

LOL. "You" somehow equals "your last name"? Nice try. If you misspoke, and simply worded it wrong, just say so. The only one trying to change up what you're saying here is you.

My point, from the very beginning, was that "you", as an individual living today, can not be listed on the Dawes rolls. This is accurate. I'm sorry you don't like me pointing out the fact that you misspoke, but there's no need to freak out and start screaming.
//www.city-data.com/forum/51058853-post4.html

TOTAL UN-TRUTH^^^ The Dawes list is THE PRIMARY RECORD USED to verify someone eligible for native american benefits.

//www.city-data.com/forum/51058973-post6.html

Last edited by DaddyLongLeg; 02-17-2018 at 05:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy