Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 08:34 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Are you seeing any kids born to Arthur and Tilla? Apparently they had at least one because someone posting on ancestry is descended from them. I'm not getting kids as a hint at family search and what you posted doesn't mention them having kids.

The one I see posted is by a person with screen name mserrao1 which matches up with these records. Looks like possibly two different Arthur's and they may be researching the wrong family.

Mary Donatilla (aka Tilla) Goveia (born de Silva)

Mary, Donatilla (aka Tilla) Goveia was born to Joao de Silva and Maria de Silva.

Mary married Arthur, Victor Goveia.
They had one daughter: Dolores (aka Olive) Olivia Serrao.

Old 01-04-2019, 11:34 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
The one I see posted is by a person with screen name mserrao1 which matches up with these records. Looks like possibly two different Arthur's and they may be researching the wrong family.

Mary Donatilla (aka Tilla) Goveia (born de Silva)

Mary, Donatilla (aka Tilla) Goveia was born to Joao de Silva and Maria de Silva.

Mary married Arthur, Victor Goveia.
They had one daughter: Dolores (aka Olive) Olivia Serrao.
Thanks. That makes the most sense. I told Azure I doubted they had kids

Old 01-11-2019, 01:04 AM

Leslie Anthony "Eugene" Clark "Goveia" photo attached, provided by azure

Old 02-10-2019, 10:19 AM

322 posts, read 707,798 times
AzureKite,
You sent me a private message. I've not interacted with you but you me a private message which I am unable to respond, but found a post and will oblige. I took time to answer and when I "send" says you're blocking messages. I'll put you on blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureKite
You said "
Vanessa Williams was 65% SSA when she tested and comes from multigenerational mulattoes. She is fair skinned with discernible SSA features but looks admixed. A person who would test 20-30% SSA in the US (not Latin America), is most likely a product of partial (parentage) Black ancestry and with percentages such as that (20-30), comes from a Black parent which has a degree of mixture themselves be it European/Native American, regardless of how they identify. I've seen quite a few American Mulattoes test over 40% to near 49%. There are a lot of African Americans test in the 90's. "

What does physical appearance have to do with your DNA percentages and what you are? I'm 75%African and 22% European and I'm definitely European versus African or just mulatto but my physical appearance does look 100% African. i think it depends on which ancestry you consider yourself not what you look like or how much percentage of a race you have.
Me answering your private message.

DNA percentages or ancestry estimates are looking at non-exome regions of the DNA. Further you can have 5 siblings from the same parents who vary in %'s. These regions being tested were formally called "junk" DNA. These are non-genetic regions which have noting to do with your "genes.". Genetic regions account for less than 2% of physical appearance.
The continent of Africa has wide genetic variance (even physically) from West, South to East. I don't know what "looking 100% African" even means. If you are African American, I'll interpret this that your appearance favors people of the West African Sub Saharan.

You noted:

"I'm 75%African and 22% European and I'm definitely European versus African or just mulatto" - Azurekit

Those results you are primarily SSA with European admixture is common in African Americans. Both of your parents are primarily SSA with European admixture. That is not "Mulatto" by any means and not the profile of an American Mulatto. So, "or just Mulatto." No. You are not a biracial Mulatto. That is absurd at 75% SSA.
On a perfect DNA test and those parents (one White and one Black) having no other "geographical" components, that child would test correctly 49/49 (+/-) on a autosomal test. Since most African Americans test on average 80% SSA and 20% Euro would land most American mulatto's testing more 40 SSA and 60% Euro on average. Not too common for American Mulattoes to test near half/half perfect. They tend to have more European. I'm speaking from the point of the Mulatto having one White Parent and the Black parent having a degree of White ancestry.

Since most people aren't born into the world being fostered on DNA test results, identity if formed in the home and community. There are mixed race people of Black ancestry which look White who identify as "Black" socially even if their DNA results may state otherwise.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianGumbo View Post
AzureKite,
You sent me a private message. I've not interacted with you but you me a private message which I am unable to respond, but found a post and will oblige. I took time to answer and when I "send" says you're blocking messages. I'll put you on blast.

Me answering your private message.

DNA percentages or ancestry estimates are looking at non-exome regions of the DNA. Further you can have 5 siblings from the same parents who vary in %'s. These regions being tested were formally called "junk" DNA. These are non-genetic regions which have noting to do with your "genes.". Genetic regions account for less than 2% of physical appearance.
The continent of Africa has wide genetic variance (even physically) from West, South to East. I don't know what "looking 100% African" even means. If you are African American, I'll interpret this that your appearance favors people of the West African Sub Saharan.

You noted:

"I'm 75%African and 22% European and I'm definitely European versus African or just mulatto" - Azurekit

Those results you are primarily SSA with European admixture is common in African Americans. Both of your parents are primarily SSA with European admixture. That is not "Mulatto" by any means and not the profile of an American Mulatto. So, "or just Mulatto." No. You are not a biracial Mulatto. That is absurd at 75% SSA.
On a perfect DNA test and those parents (one White and one Black) having no other "geographical" components, that child would test correctly 49/49 (+/-) on a autosomal test. Since most African Americans test on average 80% SSA and 20% Euro would land most American mulatto's testing more 40 SSA and 60% Euro on average. Not too common for American Mulattoes to test near half/half perfect. They tend to have more European. I'm speaking from the point of the Mulatto having one White Parent and the Black parent having a degree of White ancestry.

Since most people aren't born into the world being fostered on DNA test results, identity if formed in the home and community. There are mixed race people of Black ancestry which look White who identify as "Black" socially even if their DNA results may state otherwise.
As I told you via DM, AzureKite is banned. It's aggravating DM'ing someone that's banned when the system message tells you you're blocked. Why doesn't it tell you the person is banned? Makes sense in my blond head! As I said, I did the same thing, put him on blast I think in this thread too lol

I'm in touch with him at family search, he's not a bad person. I don't understand why he got banned. I think he was new to message boards and didn't come across right.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:58 AM

2 posts, read 1,129 times
Hello everyone I'm not sure of the relationship with everyone but I am the granddaughter of Francis Goveia he married my grandmother Margaret Callahan and they had two children Mary hyacinth Goveia and Walter Goveia

Old 02-24-2019, 11:42 AM

2 posts, read 1,129 times
Any info on Eugene Francis Goveia would be greatly appreciated. email deleted

Last edited by in_newengland; 03-11-2019 at 10:12 AM..

Old 02-24-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia&Aiden66 View Post
Hello everyone I'm not sure of the relationship with everyone but I am the granddaughter of Francis Goveia he married my grandmother Margaret Callahan and they had two children Mary hyacinth Goveia and Walter Goveia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia&Aiden66 View Post
Any info on Eugene Francis Goveia would be greatly appreciated. pmm613@aol.com is my email
Are you on family search? I see someone edited Francis profile.

I gave your email addy to the person that started this thread. He's not on here any more but I'm in contact with him on family search.

Old 03-11-2019, 10:16 AM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
AzureKite2.0 is banned because he was banned before and it is against the TOS to return. He was banned for good reason the first time but those offending posts were deleted so you can't see what he said or did. If anyone wants to help him anywhere besides this forum, that would be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy