Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 01:26 PM

664 posts, read 495,722 times

Advertisements

Could someone could please help me find more information on a cousin of my great-grandmother. I having a hard time figuring out if she still living or if she had died (which is likely),and if she had then when and where did she pass?

Thee name of The cousin is Phyllis Irene Glidden. She was born on september 14, 1923 in Kalispell, Montana. Her Parents were Orson and Olga. She had one younger brother who died in 1985 in Alaska. both her Parents died in 1986 in Alaska.

In 1942, she married Ernest Barlow in Toole County, Montana and they had one son. They divorced in 1948. She then married John Thomas Haines in 1949 in Spokane, Washington. John Haines was born n 1919 in Montana and died on May 12, 1975 in Spokane. they had two unnamed children together. That where the trail stops with her.

I can't find any more information on her and can not find an obituary for John Haines. I have looked on been verified but nothing really seem to math who I looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 06:27 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,353,044 times
google can be your friend

Old 11-24-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
google can be your friend
Now why didn't I think of that? (sarcasm)

Do you think I already did that before I came here? I searched Google and found nothing helpful or got any results that would be closely! As I said in my original post I have not been able to find any more info on her. I even searched ancestry and FamilySearch. Google is not always the answer to everything and will not have all the answers

This is a Genealogy sub-Forum, where we as for help.

Old 11-24-2018, 08:28 PM

510 posts, read 897,669 times
try messaging Lindee Chevelle Haines on Facebook. Ask her if she is related. Long shot but might pan out.

Old 11-24-2018, 09:02 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,828,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
Could someone could please help me find more information on a cousin of my great-grandmother. I having a hard time figuring out if she still living or if she had died (which is likely),and if she had then when and where did she pass?

Thee name of The cousin is Phyllis Irene Glidden. She was born on september 14, 1923 in Kalispell, Montana. Her Parents were Orson and Olga. She had one younger brother who died in 1985 in Alaska. both her Parents died in 1986 in Alaska.

In 1942, she married Ernest Barlow in Toole County, Montana and they had one son. They divorced in 1948. She then married John Thomas Haines in 1949 in Spokane, Washington. John Haines was born n 1919 in Montana and died on May 12, 1975 in Spokane. they had two unnamed children together. That where the trail stops with her.

I can't find any more information on her and can not find an obituary for John Haines. I have looked on been verified but nothing really seem to math who I looking for.

I see what you mean about the trail stopping. I'm usually pretty good at tracing people, but I come up empty at the same point in her life that you did.

I searched the Soc Sec Death Index using first name only and exact date of birth and found nothing (in case she married for the 3rd time.) She may still be alive, but the SSDI is not foolproof.

The only thing I found is a tree on Ancestry that has the name of a son that I think was born to John Haines & his first wife Virginia. Name is Gary Ray Haines born 1941. Maybe if you find him than he'll have some info for you.

This *may* be his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/gary.haines.169

Old 11-25-2018, 05:10 AM

23,831 posts, read 33,360,848 times
Quote:

Have you done DNA? That may be the only way to make the connection.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Have you done DNA? That may be the only way to make the connection.
Yes I done AncestrydNA but nothing so far. However someone who is related to this person (but not directly) did show up on My great-grandmother DNA Matches a few months ago. I loo at their tree they had but had no information. I sent them a message on ancestry last night

Old 11-25-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
I see what you mean about the trail stopping. I'm usually pretty good at tracing people, but I come up empty at the same point in her life that you did.

I searched the Soc Sec Death Index using first name only and exact date of birth and found nothing (in case she married for the 3rd time.) She may still be alive, but the SSDI is not foolproof.

The only thing I found is a tree on Ancestry that has the name of a son that I think was born to John Haines & his first wife Virginia. Name is Gary Ray Haines born 1941. Maybe if you find him than he'll have some info for you.

This *may* be his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/gary.haines.169
I think I know what tree you talking about. From what I seen the tree was created by a Ex Family Member of that Family. Not someone who related by blood. But this person married John Haines who would be related to me. I feel funny sending her a Message asking her.

I will try Gary Haines. tHank you.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:02 AM

23,831 posts, read 33,360,848 times
Quote:
Yes I done AncestrydNA but nothing so far. However someone who is related to this person (but not directly) did show up on My great-grandmother DNA Matches a few months ago. I loo at their tree they had but had no information. I sent them a message on ancestry last night
You really should upload to all of the databases, they're free. My Heritage which gives free family matching, ethnicity & chromosome browser. After December 1st, my heritage will charge for ethnicity & chromosome browser. Anyone uploading before gets it free. I have matches there that I do not have at ancestry. Their database is world wide and matches can be seen by country. It's pretty neat. I use their app. FTDNA is also free for family matches, then there is GEDnatch and GEDmatch Genesis where people from all databases upload

See my link for directions //www.city-data.com/forum/genea...ng-upload.html

Old 11-27-2018, 09:07 PM

510 posts, read 897,669 times
I found Phyllis Gliddens brother (and her) on a public member tree. It lists Curtis Juul Overby as being married to Phyllis Irene Gliddens niece (her brothers daughter) . Here is his obituary from last year. In the obituary it lists surviving family members. There is a Marie Overby Wangerin with a facebook page, which should be Phyllis Gliddens great niece.

Obituary | Curtis Juul Overby of Bozeman, Montana | Fulkerson & Waller Funeral Homes

The public member tree is owned by Connie Moore Turley. She also has a facebook page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy