Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 01:27 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
https://youtu.be/kD8v8ZBXaFs

...and people that I personally know in real life.

It's clear to me that you don't know any Africans.
An African man recounts his family's oral history of ancestors who disappeared and confirmation of their loss to the slave trade by finding cousins in America and the Caribbean using DNA.

https://face2faceafrica.com/article/...ns-ancestrydna

Old 01-22-2019, 10:22 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
How could you theorize this? Are you aware of my non-CD internet activities? I've only seen you in the Genealogy forum, so I'm curious to know how you came to this conclusion.

I can tell because you are regurgitating the same things that people say in those videos. I also noted, I'm black and am a member of various online genealogical groups that focus on African American ancestry. In those groups, we often have a poster such as yourself join and then go on a "black Indian" sort of spiel and they say the same things you are saying on this forum. I've witnessed this for about 5 years now since I joined online genealogical groups that focus on African American ancestry. It happens at least twice a month and the person gets all upset that no one considers their YouTube videos and memes and snippets of people's opinions as proof of anything. Those persons also usually start off by claiming not to be able to find anything about their ancestry because of their indigenous ancestry being stolen from them.

So you fit the pattern of many people I've come across. The whole not "of Africa" thing for African Americans is very sad to me that many people today are still buying into the idea that being of African ancestry is bad/inferior to indigenous ancestry.

And as I noted above - many African Americans have some indigenous ancestry, including myself. But it is flat out stupid to think that a significant amount or even a majority of our recent ancestors (from the past 300-400 years) were not from Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarknation View Post
I have seen black people in the Pacific Ocean, including the Australasians. And they are original natives from those places, they have been there for thousand of years. So, not every black is from Africa. Check the people from the Sentinel islands, in the Indian Ocean, they are blacks. Also check the people from the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, also in the Indian Ocean.

On this - the Sentinelese, Adamanese, etc., they are of African ancestry. They are some of the oldest groups of people in the world, as are Australasians. All people have roots in Africa. Some populations, like the aforementioned were isolated for a much longer period of time in environments that did not cause the evolution of melanin/skin color as is seen in other groups of people around the globe.

However, I'll note, like I did above that a significant amount and/or majoirty of AFrican Americans have recent ancestry - within the past 400 years - from the African continent and specifically West African tribes. To deny this is buying into propaganda and delusions. Also it is indicative of viewing black/African ancestry as inferior to other people.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:43 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
This has nothing to do with genealogy neither do most of your posts on here it's mostly nonsensical posts promoting your beliefs that black people originated in the Americas. A totally crack pot theory not backed by science or intelligent logic. This thread is about Native American genealogy and Native American DNA not about your silly theories about the Toltecs being black etc. and that Black people originated in the Americas.
Speaking of the original topic, the OP has not been back. Who knows if they're even reading at this point?

Old 01-23-2019, 07:50 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Speaking of the original topic, the OP has not been back. Who knows if they're even reading at this point?
It's possible they are reading I start threads and then never post on them occasionally because I want to see where it goes without my input. Native Americans and First Nations peoples are very under tested more genetic populations need to be collected.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:03 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Closed. If this ever happens again, that a thread veers almost entirely off topic, please report it. Posts have been deleted but still, we are way off from what the topic was. Moderators cannot read every thread. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy