U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2019, 05:35 AM

15,447 posts, read 24,395,320 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of Luna DNA? I'm not sure exactly where I originally saw it, I think an ad on facebook.

Quote:
The first people-powered platform where you share health data, advance science & take part in the value created.

LunaDNA is a community-owned platform for health research. Anyone can join the community, share their health data, and receive ownership shares in the organization.

LunaDNA was created by the Public Benefit Corporation, LunaPBC, a team of passionate genomics and technology veterans. LunaPBC is responsible for managing the LunaDNA platform. This includes developing research projects with non-profits and for-profits to drive medical discoveries.
How it works.

Quote:
1 Share Data - Join LunaDNA and share your data in a few steps. Your data is de-identified and encrypted to ensure privacy and security.

2 Help Discovery - Researchers pay to conduct research on the aggregated data.

3 Earn Benefits - Proceeds earned from research on the platform are passed back to the shareholders who shared their data, like you.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 07:22 AM

7,333 posts, read 4,565,853 times
Seems a little like the Harvard Personal Genome Project (PGP) and the new All of Us Research Program except for the paying part, which I guess they are using to entice people to join?

Old 01-08-2019, 08:42 AM

15,447 posts, read 24,395,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Seems a little like the Harvard Personal Genome Project (PGP) and the new All of Us Research Program except for the paying part, which I guess they are using to entice people to join?
Never heard of either; will look into them.

That's what I like about this new one, they're willing to pay people to use their data instead of them getting rich off of it like 23 and me does. Now I remember, I was on google news, it linked to an article about it.
Luna DNA Is About to Revolutionize Medicine -- and It'll Pay You to Help

The Harvard Personal Genome Project
Quote:
Started as a pilot project of 10 people in 2005, the Harvard PGP is now a member of the Network of Personal Genome Projects that has grown to include researchers at many leading institutions around the globe.
All of Us Research Program
Quote:
The All of Us Research Program is a historic effort to gather data from one million or more people living in the United States to accelerate research and improve health. By taking into account individual differences in lifestyle, environment, and biology, researchers will uncover paths toward delivering precision medicine

Old 01-08-2019, 11:14 AM

635 posts, read 610,841 times
Sounds interesting !
;-)

Old 01-08-2019, 06:33 PM

9,610 posts, read 15,048,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
That was my first thought too - there are a lot of research projects that you can submit your DNA too, but generally you don't get much out of it except knowing your data is being used for genetic research and advancement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy