Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 07:21 PM

9,850 posts, read 13,693,812 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever had any issues getting to a message? Up in the corner there’s a message, but when I click on the inbox it’s not there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 02:32 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Has anyone ever had any issues getting to a message? Up in the corner there’s a message, but when I click on the inbox it’s not there?
Ancestry has been having issues. One of hubs cousins left me a message to email her because messages kept crashing, I had issues clicking on her message to read it. Wish I could remember how I was finally able to view her message. I think i had to load it on my computer. It wouldn't work on my cell

Old 07-01-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Ancestry has been having issues. One of hubs cousins left me a message to email her because messages kept crashing, I had issues clicking on her message to read it. Wish I could remember how I was finally able to view her message. I think i had to load it on my computer. It wouldn't work on my cell
Thanks. I think that's what's happening. I cleaned out my cookies and no luck

Old 07-03-2020, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Thanks. I think that's what's happening. I cleaned out my cookies and no luck

My hub spoke to his sister the other day, she was asking if I had MIL's step mother, gram in my tree because her daughter has a tree on Ancestry but didn't have gram's relatives. I was very close to gram, never had a grandmother until her. When I started my tree, she was one of the 1st I had worked on.

I sent the info to her daughter yesterday morning. I had issues getting her reply. I had to go to my emails to find the email that she messaged me, then go to my inbox that way. It would not show by going directly to ancestry.

She got back to me to say she was missing her fathers branch. I looked at her tree, saw she only had her dads parents. I don't know if Ancestry had a blip that wiped the branch out or what. I looked at her tree on My Heritage, suggested she search for her fathers relatives in her ancestry tree to see if maybe some how her fathers parents got deleted by accident; am hoping she has a floating branch. I also told her to try contacting ancestry if that didn't work. Hopefully they'll be able to tell her what happened to it and if it was a glitch on ancestry's side

Old 07-03-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
My hub spoke to his sister the other day, she was asking if I had MIL's step mother, gram in my tree because her daughter has a tree on Ancestry but didn't have gram's relatives. I was very close to gram, never had a grandmother until her. When I started my tree, she was one of the 1st I had worked on.

I sent the info to her daughter yesterday morning. I had issues getting her reply. I had to go to my emails to find the email that she messaged me, then go to my inbox that way. It would not show by going directly to ancestry.

She got back to me to say she was missing her fathers branch. I looked at her tree, saw she only had her dads parents. I don't know if Ancestry had a blip that wiped the branch out or what. I looked at her tree on My Heritage, suggested she search for her fathers relatives in her ancestry tree to see if maybe some how her fathers parents got deleted by accident; am hoping she has a floating branch. I also told her to try contacting ancestry if that didn't work. Hopefully they'll be able to tell her what happened to it and if it was a glitch on ancestry's side
I don't always get messages that I've gotten a message. I have it checked to e-mail me when i get one, but it rarely happens.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:15 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
i guess they got all my money, they dont send me new matches or message. ancestry or ftdna, it been dead for couple years

Old 07-08-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i guess they got all my money, they dont send me new matches or message. ancestry or ftdna, it been dead for couple years
You should log into ancestry to see what new matches you have. Click your DNA matches, then filters, unviewed. I don't have emails for matches, just messages, tree updates and sales.

Old 07-08-2020, 07:53 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
AncestryDNA and FTDNA don't control who messages you, those are sent by other users. FTDNA does have a small database, so it's possible you don't get many new matches there, but I find it hard to believe you haven't had even one new match at AncestryDNA in 2 years. I have 113 new matches at AncestryDNA in just the last couple of weeks. They won't necessarily send you an email about it, if that's what you're waiting for. Just log in and check, you probably have hundreds, if not thousands of new matches if you haven't checked it in 2 years.

Old 07-08-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I get at least 5-10 matches that are 6 cM to 10 cM matches weekly. Like someone else said, log in and see.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:15 PM

Welp the inability to get to messages happened again. I called Ancestry and their response was basically "tough cookies, I'll report it." What a bummer. I have one from someone who has two matches in her family that fit into my other thread about the shared matches between 20-40 cMs. So, needless to say, I am bummed. I guess I'll go ahead and start manically adding middle ages Danish ancestors on a recently discovered line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy