U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:49 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,642,857 times

Advertisements

Okay... dumb question of the day... is there a way to see if there are online yearbooks? I thought about classmates.com, but I know they want you to pay to see pictures. I have a friend I knew back about 1983. The problem with the search I requested on here is that I didn't know her last name. There were other derivations of it, but because I couldn't be sure, I didn't want to take up more of your time.

But .. I know she had to go to school where she lived (Aurora, Colorado), and I was able to do a search on the high schools in that school district. But although they all had allumni pages, none had associated pictures.

What I was hoping was that if there were online yearbooks, I could look up the approximate year of her graduation (1981-1983) and go through all those years with pictures to see if I could find "Amy" whether I knew her last name or not, I was hoping to remember her face. Then, upon seeing her last name, I could go from there.

Anyone every heard of something like yearbooks online?

Sorry to take up more of your all time with this.

~Rath
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 08:36 PM

838 posts, read 2,077,751 times
I don't know of any. Maybe someone else does. My only suggestion would be to check e-bay (none there now, but keep checking back). I bought a bunch of city directories for areas I wanted to research there and I know they have yearbooks there as well. The only other suggestion is if you live near there, go to call and find out which library there would have it (usually the genealogy room in the library), then go there and check it out. Final suggestion if you do not live near there, go to your library and see if they can borrow the books on interlibrary loan so you can go to your library and check them out. You most likely would have to view them there at your library if they will do the loan. Most of the genealogy books I review must be viewed at the library.
That's all I've got. Maybe someone else out there has some good ideas.
Susan

Old 05-08-2008, 09:37 AM

9 posts, read 92,047 times
Check out the genealogy blogs for the area. [You might want to avoid mentioning that you are doing an adoption search.]

Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaFla View Post
Check out the genealogy blogs for the area. [You might want to avoid mentioning that you are doing an adoption search.]
Thanks, Lisa. But I'm not doing an adoption search. There was a girl I dated a long time ago. I know she told me she was adopted. What I'm trying to do is find her last name so I can continue looking for her. Since I don't remember her last name, I was hoping that going through yearbooks near the date she graduated, I can find her in there, and get the last name. From there, I can find it easier to search for her.

Thanks for the reply, though.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:12 AM

4,739 posts, read 7,913,395 times
MSN has several communities throughout the country, I went through several school systems in differant parts of the country and have found that areas with higher economic standing are the ones with the best chance of finding people with the desire to reach out. In Fort Lauderdale where I Went from 3rd-10th they have online yearbooks for 3 of the schools I attended while there are none in Tennessee. Good Luck!

Old 05-12-2008, 12:56 PM

Sounds good, I'll try that, Rcm58. Thank you very much for the info.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 AM

10,751 posts, read 33,516,012 times
Since you know her first name, what if you went back to the alumni site and took down all the names that MIGHT be her. If you are VERY lucky you might find someone at the school willing to help you find her. Usualy schools maintain the yearbooks in the library. They might also be able to tell you if she has registered with the alumni association so you can find her married name. I know you can also access her married name on classmates.com free.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:04 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,042,999 times
Yearbooks - World's Largest Collection of old high school, college and military year books.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:58 AM

34,990 posts, read 36,791,438 times
or call the school she went to.

Old 08-23-2020, 02:32 PM

23 posts, read 4,498 times
Thumbs up  

Wow -- That is a valuable resource.... I found the yearbook I was looking for!

www.e-yearbook.com/sp/eybb?school=44105
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy