Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 05:53 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Wow. I really owe both of you and others. What’s can I offer you? If you have any co outer issues, I could remote into your computers and help you out. I am happy with the result but I feel like a mooch with all of this free help. It is invaluable. So, you are saying to join family search and I can see the Trees there? I will do that in a few minutes. Thanks again.
You're very welcome. As I said, I don't mind doing it as long as you'll actually use it.

Yes, you have to join family search to see the trees I worked on. It's very easy to join, you can use the same user name as here if you want plus they want your real name since it's a genealogy site. You'll see on their profiles it shows Roselvr attached sources, it doesn't show my real name.

Some of the trees were already there but I added sources and some relatives from the sources. I kept going until I didn't see sources any more. Some of your relatives had multiple profiles so I merged them into one. I had found a person with the same name as one of your relatives that's probably some how related but he passed in Ohio, I ended up doing a tree for him and his wife too so that no one attaches his sources to your relative because his sources were on your relatives suggestion list. Their year of births were similar too.

I also did their find a grave profiles by making a few plus linking them to parents which put the whole family on their memorials. Lots didn't have DOB or DOD, places for birth and death on find a grave. I try to leave a flower saying what edits I requested but I didn't do a flower for all of them. Their memorials should be updated as I've gotten emails saying my edits were approved.

You should consider joining find a grave, then request to manage your relatives. Most people that make memorials will gladly give them to you. I'll gladly give you the few I made. People walk cemeteries or do them from death records.

I have 2 of your relatives that I couldn't find where they're buried but you may know. I'll have to find them. I figured their buried in the main NY cemetery with their kids. If that's the case I can easily edit them to be in that cemetery. Right now it's location unknown. I'll link them when I get over there later.

I can tell you how I would copy them to ancestry when you get to that. I do one person at a time using tabs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 09:25 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Btw, I think James Albanese was aka Vincenzo. He's on the 1925 NY State Census as Vincent and his birth index can be found as Vincenzo:

Vincent Albansse in the New York, U.S., State Census, 1925
Name: Vincent Albansse
Color or Race: White
Birth Date: abt 1899
Birth Place: USA
Residence Date: 1925
House Number: 42
Residence Place: Brooklyn, Kings
Relationship: Son
Number of years in US: 26
Assembly District: 13
Line Number: 44
Page number: 22
Household Members Age Relationship
Steven Albansse
65 Head
Marie Albansse
56 Wife
Vincent Albansse 26 Son
Philpa Albansse
23 Daughter
Ralph Albansse
20 Son

Vincenzo Albanese in the New York, New York, U.S., Index to Birth Certificates, 1866-1909
Name: Vincenzo Albanese
Race : White
Birth Date: 20 Mar 1899
Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York City, Kings, New York, USA
Residence Address: First Street 219
Certificate Number: 5608
Father: Stefano Albanese
Mother: Maria Albanese
Mother Maiden Name: Mucevine

Old 01-29-2021, 11:05 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,357,189 times
This is so much information. I really appreciate it. I just found out this morning that I have Covid so, as long as I have the energy, I can use the next two weeks diving into all of this. I can’t wait to find out about my fathers side. Thanks again all.

Btw, I just realized that I already have a Family Search account. I forgot about that. I started a tree that only had myself, parents and grandparents. I see there is extra information in my grandparents names. I assume one of you made the changes. I appreciate it. But what is to stop someone from adding wrong information? That could mess people up.

Old 01-29-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Btw, I think James Albanese was aka Vincenzo. He's on the 1925 NY State Census as Vincent and his birth index can be found as Vincenzo:

Vincent Albansse in the New York, U.S., State Census, 1925
Name: Vincent Albansse
Color or Race: White
Birth Date: abt 1899
Birth Place: USA
Residence Date: 1925
House Number: 42
Residence Place: Brooklyn, Kings
Relationship: Son
Number of years in US: 26
Assembly District: 13
Line Number: 44
Page number: 22
Household Members Age Relationship
Steven Albansse
65 Head
Marie Albansse
56 Wife
Vincent Albansse 26 Son
Philpa Albansse
23 Daughter
Ralph Albansse
20 Son

Vincenzo Albanese in the New York, New York, U.S., Index to Birth Certificates, 1866-1909
Name: Vincenzo Albanese
Race : White
Birth Date: 20 Mar 1899
Birth Place: Brooklyn, New York City, Kings, New York, USA
Residence Address: First Street 219
Certificate Number: 5608
Father: Stefano Albanese
Mother: Maria Albanese
Mother Maiden Name: Mucevine

I see you worked on him. Thanks, very appreciated. I was trying to add all the different names as I found them. I see you changed his DOB, some records say 20, some say 21. Some say Vincent James, some say James Vincent. His military says James Vincent.

Quote:
This is so much information. I really appreciate it. I just found out this morning that I have Covid so, as long as I have the energy, I can use the next two weeks diving into all of this. I can’t wait to find out about my fathers side. Thanks again all.

Btw, I just realized that I already have a Family Search account. I forgot about that. I started a tree that only had myself, parents and grandparents. I see there is extra information in my grandparents names. I assume one of you made the changes. I appreciate it. But what is to stop someone from adding wrong information? That could mess people up.

Glad to hear you got logged in. I wonder if one of your profiles were done in the merge. You'll see either me or the name she uses there on the change log to the right.

That's the biggest issue is that anyone can change the info that has an account. Hopefully people won't since PA2UK and I have attached sources. Hopefully they appreciate the work that was done to the tree.

I haven't done anything today yet.

Old 01-29-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:

I'm not going to attach the rest of the people listed on this record and this one for Frank A Russo, Sr. I'll let you do it. Do you know where his wife Joyce is buried? I'm made her a memorial here.

I need burial locations for Antonio Russo and Felicia Rosetti Russo.

If you join find a grave I'll give you all 3 profiles plus whatever I made for your moms family.

Old 01-29-2021, 01:15 PM

Thanks. I will join find a grave. I never heard of Frank Russo. I definitely never met him unless it was in the first two years of my life. Where is he on the tree? I don’t know where Antonio or Felicia are buried. Hopefully I can find out when I get their death certificates,

I don’t recall changing the August’s birthday. I entered what is written on the cemetery marker, so would assume it is correct. I’ll have to check and be sure but it should be the 20th.

Last edited by trusso11783; 01-29-2021 at 02:22 PM..

Old 01-29-2021, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I see you worked on him. Thanks, very appreciated. I was trying to add all the different names as I found them. I see you changed his DOB, some records say 20, some say 21. Some say Vincent James, some say James Vincent. His military says James Vincent.
Yes, his birth certificate says 20, so that's most likely to be accurate. His birth certificate also says "Vincenzo" with no "James" so I thought it most likely that his first name was Vincenzo and that it was later in life listed as James Vincenzo because he started using James more often.

That said, it was common in Italian-American culture for Vincenzos to change their name to James. I don't know why, because Vincenzo has an English counterpart, Vincent. Maybe it just still sounded too Italian - admittedly, I don't think Vincent was a common English name. But even so, I don't know how or why it became so common for people to specifically choose James in place of Vincenzo instead of some other name.

Old 01-29-2021, 08:25 PM

Thanks again. Oddly, I work with a lot of Asian people in healthcare and for some reason, 90% of all Asian males by me call themselves Mike. Maybe the same thing with James. Lol.

Old 01-30-2021, 11:30 AM

I joined Find A Grave and I cannot find any graves for my paternal grandparent. Both died in NY in 1974 and 1982. I cannot even find my own father’s grave when I enter everything exactly as it should be. This site is not very helpful to me. These roadblocks are what caused me to give up years ago. How could this site not find a grave of someone when you provide their name, birth snd death year and actual cemetery location?

My maternal grandparents are listed with revised information as to their names. Did someone here make that change. The names on the grave marker only have the names I know them as (August and Nancy).

Old 01-30-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I joined Find A Grave and I cannot find any graves for my paternal grandparent. Both died in NY in 1974 and 1982. I cannot even find my own father’s grave when I enter everything exactly as it should be. This site is not very helpful to me. These roadblocks are what caused me to give up years ago. How could this site not find a grave of someone when you provide their name, birth snd death year and actual cemetery location?
The data on Find A Grave is provided by volunteers, and as with historical records, not every single grave in existence will have been added to Find A Grave yet. You can add them yourself, if you have the info and you're sure they haven't already been added.

Quote:
My maternal grandparents are listed with revised information as to their names. Did someone here make that change. The names on the grave marker only have the names I know them as (August and Nancy).
Find A Grave is a little different from FamilySearch's tree (where anyone can edit anything) - although it's done by volunteers and anyone can create a new memorial, only the creator of the memorial can edit the details. Edits can be suggested by anyone, but the creator doesn't have to accept or apply the suggestions. Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Created by" and that will be who added/edited the details. You can contact them if you'd like, or use the "suggest edits" button near the top if you have additional info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy