Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 12:05 PM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
You need to explore their tree. This is the granddaughter of your half sister right? Now she has her father and grandfather in the mix. You have several people that are not related to your father that could be related to your mother. Your half sister's husband, her son or daughter's spouse, and your half sister's mother.
If I am correct I believe the connection is on my half great niece's mothers side. She is going to do a DNA test for 23 and Me and that should shed some light on things. She feels it might be in bed biological father's side .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 08:00 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
No. I am saying they both match me, on my father's side. I am also saying my niece and I are shared matches with another individual on my mother's side.

You said you tested at 23 and me? You should have tested at Ancestry, the matches are better because their database is like 4 times the size of 23 and me.

I have one match like that at 23 and me, a 2nd cousin who was adopted. We shared great grandparents, my mothers mothers side. I do not have any other match except him that also matches someone from my mothers fathers side. I told him to buy an ancestry test where I have better known matches to my grandfathers line to verify it better because my grandmothers sisters settled in NJ, my grandfathers brothers settled in Missouri. I have not found either side intersecting yet.

He bought the test but hasn't gotten up the nerve to take it, going on a year now. He was floored I was able to tell him it was the son of my grandmothers sister who was his father and not one of her daughters because they show the maternal haplogroup. We would have had the same one if that was the case.

Ancestry goes on sale for $59 for father's day. You should invest in some tests if you want to figure it out. Much cheaper and it's a genealogy site. 23 and me doesn't offer trees like ancestry. You can buy 2 tests at ancestry for a little more then one of the cheapest tests at 23 and me. You can also upload everyone to my heritage if you haven't already. It's free.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:30 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
You said you tested at 23 and me? You should have tested at Ancestry, the matches are better because their database is like 4 times the size of 23 and me.

I have one match like that at 23 and me, a 2nd cousin who was adopted. We shared great grandparents, my mothers mothers side. I do not have any other match except him that also matches someone from my mothers fathers side. I told him to buy an ancestry test where I have better known matches to my grandfathers line to verify it better because my grandmothers sisters settled in NJ, my grandfathers brothers settled in Missouri. I have not found either side intersecting yet.

He bought the test but hasn't gotten up the nerve to take it, going on a year now. He was floored I was able to tell him it was the son of my grandmothers sister who was his father and not one of her daughters because they show the maternal haplogroup. We would have had the same one if that was the case.

Ancestry goes on sale for $59 for father's day. You should invest in some tests if you want to figure it out. Much cheaper and it's a genealogy site. 23 and me doesn't offer trees like ancestry. You can buy 2 tests at ancestry for a little more then one of the cheapest tests at 23 and me. You can also upload everyone to my heritage if you haven't already. It's free.
I did Ancestry first. As I'm seeking a half brother and came up spades in Ancestry, I decided to give 23 and Me a shot.

Old 05-19-2021, 04:11 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
I did Ancestry first. As I'm seeking a half brother and came up spades in Ancestry, I decided to give 23 and Me a shot.
Yeah, some luck out on 23 and me because people with unknown parents do the health test.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy