Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2021, 08:19 PM

23,876 posts, read 33,595,201 times

Advertisements

I've contacted My Heritage to find out what's going on. I was going over matches from an email, got to my cousins who used to have all of the advanced tools, now it's asking me to pay. My uncles that was uploaded December 2018 had also done the same until I went back using the control panel, now it's fine.

I also checked my 2 grand kids who were uploaded a year or so ago, those still have advanced tools. I'd think if any needed to pay, it would be on my grand kids accounts. Not sure what happened. I do have one My Heritage DNA test, so technically should not have to pay because it was given to me for the founders project in 2016 before they changed the rules.

Everyone may want to check their uploads to make sure they did not lose the advanced tools too. If so, I'll post back how I make out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 08:52 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,893,807 times
All my kits still seem to have access to the advanced tools, and I've never paid because I uploaded them before they applied the fee, so it must be a fluke.

Old 09-08-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
All my kits still seem to have access to the advanced tools, and I've never paid because I uploaded them before they applied the fee, so it must be a fluke.

I just looked, still the same for my cousin and 2 grand kids. It makes no sense because it's never happened before. You'd think it would have happened when they were uploaded. I don't recall when my cousins was, I think it was after it went pay. The 2 grand kids were after it went pay but I have one my heritage test, back then I was under the impression I didn't have to pay when you "bought" a test. Mine was free for the founders project but that eventually changed that you had to buy a data plan.

I'll have to look at their blog to see if something did change. It's just so weird. I'm not going to pay for any of them because I'm not actively looking for matches with them.

Old 09-09-2021, 02:30 AM

Still nothing from my heritage.

With a free upload, it looks like you get matches, they only show you one common match.

On the main page, all it shows me is how many in each country. I click the country, it shows me the matches.

Every other feature they want you to pay for.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:02 AM

My Heritage support is no help. She's saying 3 kits don't qualify for full access. I had noticed my grandson and granddaughter also reverted. I looked at my grandson yesterday when she wanted screenshots, his went back to full access some how.

The support person isn't telling me why they reverted only that they don't qualify for full access because of when they were uploaded, after December 2018.

Like a box of rocks. We'll see if she understands my last reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy