Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 12,014 times

Advertisements

I copied and pasted the Chattahoochee county info: here it is again without the web site data: It is a county located in the State of Ga.
It is part of the Columbus, Georgia-Alabama Metropolitan Statistical Area. The county seat is Cusseta, Ga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 09:50 PM

821 posts, read 2,011,564 times
James Richesin (c.1763 - c.1838)

Birthdate:circa 1763 Birthplace:Tennessee
Death: Died 1838 in ?
Immediate Family: Husband of Unknown and Stella
Father of Dorcas, Samuel, James, Jane, Polly, John, Ann, and Jesse

this is as far back as I can get with my family
do you have anything on this James Richesin

Old 11-21-2009, 07:20 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Carole, there's still a lot of possible census results. Censuses don't list the county a person was born in, just the state and since he didn't necessarily live in the same county his whole life, it's more important to know other family members names in order to narrow it down.

Rach, do you know if your James Richesin was a soldier? I've attached a clip from a book "Roster of South Carolina Patriots in the American Revolution". There's also an 1830 Census of two James Richeson's (names are often spelled wrong in censuses), one "Jur" and one "Sev". Unfortunately, the 1830 Census doesn't tell you much, just where they lived and the number of people in their household.

1830 United States Federal Census
about James Richeson Jur.
Name: James Richeson
Township: Regiment 67
County: Monroe
State: Tennessee
1 male under five years old, 3 males between ten and fifteen, 1 male between fifteen and twenty. 1 female under five, 1 female between ten and fifteen and one female between thirty and forty.

1830 United States Federal Census
about James Richeson Sev.
Name: James Richeson
Township: Regiment 67
County: Monroe
State: Tennessee
1 male between fifteen and twenty, 1 between sixty and seventy, 1 female between forty and fifty.

These numbers include the head of household. Since you say one of his son's names was also James, I assume this is father and son. Also noteworthy, on the father's record, just above his name is a Jesse Richeson. I've attached these as well.

There's also someone on ancestry.com with the same James Richesin in their tree... assuming it's not you, lol, they have his father's name as "I R Richesin". No sources though so I don't know where they got that name. If you're not already a member, you can sign up for ancestry.com for free and have access to the family trees, just not the records.
Attached Thumbnails
Ancestry.com Look Ups-1830census-richeson-james-sev-jesse.jpg   Ancestry.com Look Ups-1830census-richeson-james-jur.jpg   Ancestry.com Look Ups-richesin-james.jpg  

Old 11-21-2009, 09:37 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,984,152 times
About Richeson - be sure not to rule out looking for Richardson - I always keep in the back of my head that the person giving the information says one thing and the census enumerator hears another.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:23 PM

James Richesin [SIZE=2](c.1790 - c.1838) [/SIZE]

Birthdate:circa 1790
Death: Died in 1838 in Tennessee
Immediate Family:
Son of James and Unknown
Husband of Isabella
Father of William, Dorcas, Irby, Hartwell, Amanda, John, Jesse, and Henderson
Brother of Dorcas, Samuel, Jane, Polly, John, Ann, and Jesse

I'm thinking that the James you have listed maybe the the son of the first James that I listed (but not sure) on this post is the son James info that I have, Monroe Co. is correct (there is an old Richesin grave yard that I have been to, but the markers can't be read and some are just rocks)
(I have my stuff saved on the GENI.com site)
will check into the ancestry.com (the free part of it)

now, how do I save the pages that you posted here so I can make them bigger to read

also, not sure if the James served in the military or not

yes, I understand about the name spelling
my grandfather, his brother joined the military and they misspelled his last name from Richesin to Richeson and he just left it that way instead of changing everything.

thanks so much for the info you have looked up and taking your time to do this.
Rachel

Old 11-22-2009, 03:05 AM

To save the images - if you're using Internet Explorer, just click on the thumbnail, then right click the image which comes up and choose "save image as". Most other browsers should have similar options when you right click.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:25 AM

yeah, I did that but then when I look at the picture it's a very small size and you can't read it
when I make it bigger it's very blurry

Old 11-22-2009, 11:23 AM

I can email them to you, if you PM me with your email address

Old 11-23-2009, 07:11 AM

PA2UK
thanks for the e-mail'd files

Old 11-23-2009, 09:12 AM

No problem!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy