Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 04:55 PM

4,885 posts, read 7,286,610 times

Advertisements

I recently found two interesting deaths in my family. A cousin on my maternal g'fathers side died in Andersonville Prison during the Civil War and an uncle on my mother's side died in Hurricane Camille.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 01:47 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times
Most of the unusual deaths I know of are due to someone being stupid.

My sister went to HS with a guy that climbed a electrical tower. He didn't make it quite to the top before he fell off falling hundreds of feet to this death for all his friends to see. Some say he slipped but the power company said that he was electrocuted because the current swirls around the upper part of the tower. Not sure about that but obviously a dumb thing to do.

A guy I went to HS with was killed when he tied a snow sled to the bumper of a car. His friend was driving the car and drug him through the snowy streets. All was fun until the sled slid out into oncoming traffic. This was several years after graduation. Pretty stupid thing to be doing at the age of 20 something. They had been drinking. Go figure.

The most gruesome one I had heard about was when my mom worked in the ER. She worked midnights and it was a slow night. She said she was seated at the desk and looked up at the mirror and saw a ghostly figure walking in. The guy was naked but still had shreds of clothes on his body and one full pristine shoe. He was burned from head to toe. His hair was gone, part of face exposed his skull and other parts of his body showed bone. She said the smell of burnt flesh is the most horrific smell. She said it was amazing he was walking but barely. He just mumbled "please help me." Turns out he was a gang member from the arab community and he and some friends decided to fire bomb a house. He threw the fire bomb and it bounced off the house instead of going through the window and hit him instead igniting his whole body. His friends drove him to the ER and dumped him at the ER doors. He died about 30 minutes later en route to a burn center.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:04 PM

10 posts, read 14,787 times
My great grandfather died in a silo explosion. Still, that doesn't come close to some of the bizarre stuff posted here.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:55 PM

859 posts, read 705,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
I had a relative that was tied to cinder blocks with a tow rope and drowned in the Mississippi River, his neighbors supposedly did this he was having an affair with a freed slave.

I had a aunt and cousin killed in a train wreck in Woodstock on my birthday.

My great-great grandmother died in a tornado on MY BIRTHDAY!

one more, get this, Houston Texas, live TV NEWS, my uncle was flying a Bi-plane, crashed into the building behind the news crew, his two kids, were watching along with my Aunt. and Yep MY BIRTHDAY!!!

This happened two years apart, we were some antsy people on the 8th year...thankfully that curse seems to be broken!!

So, I guess, you became pessimistic of your birthday.

I suggest you to donate a little of money or anything else to a charity or poor people in the day that before your birthday with an intention of avoiding a harm or any terrible accidents about you and your relatives.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
My mother was one of five children. The oldest child was a girl, then three boys, then my mother.

The oldest daughter was 14 when she died from "a hole in the heart", something she was born with, my mother was born right after her older sister's funeral. This was in 1919.

Can you imagine, burying one daughter in the morning, then giving birth to your only other daughter on the same day?

One of the boys died when he was 18 from a "carbunkle" on his face. Blood poisoning.....no antibiotics in those days.

Wow! really great!
As we say, God is generous.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:14 PM

Recently, I've read in news about two twin brothers died AT THE SAME DAY.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:08 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
Recently, I've read in news about two twin brothers died AT THE SAME DAY.
Well, how did they die? I mean, if they were in a car accident or something, it's not that unusual/surprising for both of them to die on the same day. It would be unusual if they died of completely different causes but without more info, it doesn't sound very unusual.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
Well, how did they die? I mean, if they were in a car accident or something, it's not that unusual/surprising for both of them to die on the same day. It would be unusual if they died of completely different causes but without more info, it doesn't sound very unusual.
Good thinking , but when you know the details you will change your mind and you will see it unusual, too.

Both died from the same reason, not in a car accident but, due to "heart failure". One of them died in the morning but, another one was at the evening. As reports said.

Fortunately, I found one of news that told about them.

Adrian, Julian Riester, New York-born Twin Friars, Passed Away on the Same Day at Age 92 | Batangas Today | Breaking News, World News And More News

You're right, I should have clarified.

The only thing that I'd like to know about this incidence is whether or not they told one of twins about his brother's death. Because, If they did. At that, I guess, maybe another one died due to sadness over his brother. If so, 'heart failure' could be a reason but not the main reason of death at the same day.

Thanks

Old 06-25-2011, 04:44 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times
I read of a team that flew to a game. Not enough room for all so the coach drove. The plane crashed killing all aboard at the same time the coach's car crashed, killing him.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:05 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
Good thinking , but when you know the details you will change your mind and you will see it unusual, too.

Both died from the same reason, not in a car accident but, due to "heart failure". One of them died in the morning but, another one was at the evening. As reports said.

Fortunately, I found one of news that told about them.

Adrian, Julian Riester, New York-born Twin Friars, Passed Away on the Same Day at Age 92 | Batangas Today | Breaking News, World News And More News

You're right, I should have clarified.

The only thing that I'd like to know about this incidence is whether or not they told one of twins about his brother's death. Because, If they did. At that, I guess, maybe another one died due to sadness over his brother. If so, 'heart failure' could be a reason but not the main reason of death at the same day.

Thanks
They were identical twins so I don't think it would be unusual for them to develop the same heart problem. A little strange that they would die on the same day but like you say, it could be that the stress on the second twin of losing his brother caused his own already weak heart to fail. Identical twins have unique bonds, psychologically and physiologically. There's tons of reports of strangely coincidental stuff happening between identical twins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy