Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,377 times

Advertisements

Okay, so we are relocating from Atlanta to Denver and we are having an have an auto transport come and pickup for us. The problem comes in because we may have to leave this weekend instead of next and the vehicle ready date is the 15th. The problem is, we don't have anyone reliable in the area that we trust (or that is mature enough) to pass along the keys to our two new cars. What do you guys do in this scenerio?? HELP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 04:57 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
depending on who your using, most of the large reputable transporters have options such as checking the car in at one of their yards. You check it in just like if they came to pick it up and it sits until loaded and moved. Instead of waiting for the truck to come to you, you take it to them. The other option is find someone real quick or you have to wait for them.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,377 times
Thanks PacificFlights! Do you happen to know some of these transporters that will allow us to do that? I'm only asking because the whole time I have been with my current auto trans. co, I have just felt like we are on a deadline and I have been concerned pickup won't occur before we HAVE to leave. If you could help me, that would be much appreciated. I did try to ask Total shipping if they had something like that and the lady acted like I was speaking German. I have so much stress going on right now with the quick move, I start my new job in Denver in 7 days and my hubby in 13 days that I just need something to give me some assurance.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 AM

4,918 posts, read 22,681,995 times
Don;t and can;t recommend any specific companies but you probably need a large company that specializes in transporting cars. I know that Reliable Carriers can pick up without the owner present but not sure how that works. You may have to arrange for private storage and that;'s where they pickup from if your not near one of their terminals or offices.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,223,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAutoMove View Post
Check out my thread for more information on auto transport if you still need it:
//www.city-data.com/forum/gener...rt-thread.html

Thanks!
Link not working

OP - try and move your pickup date. We had DH's car picked up well ahead of our move date by several days and my new boss took delivery on the destination end since the car beat us by several days. I sent the cashiers check to my boss along with the spare keys just in case. The driver of the transport had keys and was instructed to release to my boss.

Everything went great.

Call Stephanie at Best Auto Transport. They are a broker but have a good reputation and they usually can't do much until you are within a few days of your pickup date. Move your pickup date to this week and rent a car if you have to to use until you depart

Old 05-08-2012, 07:54 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatnv View Post
Link not working

OP - try and move your pickup date. We had DH's car picked up well ahead of our move date by several days and my new boss took delivery on the destination end since the car beat us by several days. I sent the cashiers check to my boss along with the spare keys just in case. The driver of the transport had keys and was instructed to release to my boss.

Everything went great.

Call Stephanie at Best Auto Transport. They are a broker but have a good reputation and they usually can't do much until you are within a few days of your pickup date. Move your pickup date to this week and rent a car if you have to to use until you depart

Link worked fine for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues