Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 12:34 AM
T84 T84 started this thread

37 posts, read 96,782 times

Advertisements

What should i do Sell or fork-up the money?

I Have.....

A desk that is a MUST that can be broken down and mailed but not the surface piece it's a pretty big corner desk, 7x2.5x1 (LxWxH) surface should I make fit in the car? or get trailer.

mailing all my clothing in a 24x24x24 cube box, shrink and seal. ship for 65.00 ups

another box 24x24x24 Cube box with other stuff in it like draws filled with things and little books crammed around it to fill the box. for 65.00 ups

The bed set. Bed set with 2 night stands, about 8x5 a queen size. SHOULD I just sell of my bed set? and buy one later? or get uhaul trailer ( the bed has sharp corners and i'm going to have a new born that will one day run into it)

I have a good amount of sports gear that i need to bring that will be in my car or i can ship for maybe the same price 65.00

and a Tool Chest with about 1200.00 worth of tools that can go in my trunk just fine (Alone)

Oh and a 46's flat screen tv.

Should i get a hitch = 190.00
and get a trailer = 271.00 to carry it all? or should i just ship it with the boxes for 65.00 a box and sell the bed?.

boxes would cost roughly 200.00 and the trailer I need to buy the hitch so it would cost roughly 500.0 and maybe some extra gas

I'm driving a 06 Acura tsx

I dont have much money so i'm trying to figure out what you guys think would be the best way to move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 05:57 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,575,378 times
If you don't have a place to come TO (nothing is mentioned) then you don't need anything to come WITH.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
T84 T84 started this thread

37 posts, read 96,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
If you don't have a place to come TO (nothing is mentioned) then you don't need anything to come WITH.
I'm moving to Clayton,NC from FL. moving to a house with my g/f's Dad and paying rent, my g/f is having my child that is only going to be couple houses down. I get a room bathroom and a study room. Now i'm just trying to get my things up there coming from my parents house in FL which i can just keep some of my things here and come back later for the others, but the things that are mention are the things that will be going on the first trip at the minimum.
I'm actually thinking of leaving the tool chest and come back for that later.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,575,378 times
Rent as small a truck that the stuff will still fit into *and* will be able to pull the dolly you need to also rent
(for the car to come along behind it). It costs what it costs... but it'll be far better to do it all in one go and be done.

Good luck in NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues