U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,958,329 times

Advertisements

Go and have a chat with the military recruiters, with the size of the US forces they have a lot of interesting occupations which they will train you for, with room, food pay thrown in.
The GI bill means you will not have to worry about supporting yourself when you go on to extra tertiary training.
And no, they will not throw you in to be a grunt
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 01:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBi10 View Post
I can relate very much to your situation because I dealt with one that was very similar, if not worse. I made the decision to step out on my own right after high school graduation. I wasn't prepared financially and didn't have a well-thought out plan, and it doesn't sound like you do either, so if you decide to do this, realize that it will be a struggle. A HUGE STRUGGLE!!!! Looking back, I realize that I could have dealt with the emotional abuse long enough for me to accumulate the funds needed to be self-sustaining. I could have put up with the 'home that doesn't feel like home' long enough for me to get everything in order.
My biggest advice is to put up with it long enough to get everything in order. That way, when you do walk away, you won't have to think about returning. Not only that, but you won't have to rely on someone else for support. You will be able to take care of yourself and live happily without worries. If you leave unprepared, then you may not have to deal with your mother, but LIFE is going to kick your behind!!!!!
I'm 18 and i understand were your coming from but if your only option.i have begin abused an My mother has put me out over an over even in the rain with all my things an said she hate my she is sorry she had me an she wish you was dead an i went back because i said i have no were to go not only that my mother has said more things than that to me that no mother should every say to a child but now i do an it is with my boyfriend we r rent an apartment together it may be hard at first but i think I'm doing the right thing instead of begin put out over an over an i think what i am doing is the right thing.i have also finish school an i am half way though my collage life an i have a part time job.so do you think what I'm is the wrong thing now i am 18 are do you think i should keep putting up with it

Old 07-24-2012, 02:12 PM

11,464 posts, read 23,449,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shkeki View Post
I'm 18 and i understand were your coming from but if your only option.i have begin abused an My mother has put me out over an over even in the rain with all my things an said she hate my she is sorry she had me an she wish you was dead an i went back because i said i have no were to go not only that my mother has said more things than that to me that no mother should every say to a child but now i do an it is with my boyfriend we r rent an apartment together it may be hard at first but i think I'm doing the right thing instead of begin put out over an over an i think what i am doing is the right thing.i have also finish school an i am half way though my collage life an i have a part time job.so do you think what I'm is the wrong thing now i am 18 are do you think i should keep putting up with it

It's really hard to stay in college and work full-time to pay for an apartment, unless you have a really supportive boyfriend who wants you in school. I moved out when I was 18 because I was in a bad situation in my mother's house. I finished that semester of college, got married during the summer, and then couldn't afford to keep going to college. I really wish I could have finished.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM

4,945 posts, read 6,229,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shkeki View Post
Focus on yourself and your future.
Focus on studying .... use it as your escape from the mom drama you're going through.

I was in a similar situation at your age, as far as having a mother who didn't want me.
It's beyond difficult, but you can do it!
You'll have a tough road ahead, but remind yourself, "Success is the best revenge".
Finish school - get a career -

I'm 50 years old now, living in South Florida.
Life turned out good.

Who knows, in the future maybe you and your mom will patch things up?
Just don't let the drama stop you from bettering yourself.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:28 PM

13,440 posts, read 17,070,558 times
iluna....I wouldn't try moving out from your parents untill you've at least got a little bit of cash in your pocket...the guy that's been wanting to take you home will no doubt give you a place to stay, but at the cost of your body I'm sure....is that the kind of path you want to go down?...At your age it's easy to clash with your parents, you have dreams and aspirations of your own, and sometimes they don't agree....you feel like an adult, but you're treated like a child....do you think you could find a part time job first,so you'll at least be able to pay your own way, and not rely on someone else for a place to stay.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:30 PM

195 posts, read 380,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluna View Post
I want to move out but I am so lost. My parents don't do much. I mean yea they they pay the bills and all but as far acting like parents, my mom mostly acts like she has a stick up her ***. I can't stand it, she doesnt want me to help find a job but she does backflips to do crap for my brother like buy him useless ****. She starting to get verbally abusive, calling me names like trash just because l left a napkin on the floor in my room. but she is a bigger hypocrite because she leave dirty napkins on the couch and dirty plate in the sink.I have to clean the whole house and when i ask why doesnt she help clean her own house she always reply "cause I'm the mom and I said so" she's not even being logical any more. It's pissing me off because can't keep using this I'm the mom excuse for not pulling her own weight.So I'm done with her bull****, I had a plan to leave but I have no friend and no where to go. There is this one guy that used to work with me and always offered to drive me home. As it turns out he likes me and want to date me but I'm not sure if i feel the same way about him.he has an apartment and is a traveling salesman.I'm not the type to use people and I never was but I really need a place to stay. I was also offered a job as a stripper too, I know alot of people will be like "oh don't do that you will throw your life away"But I actually want to be a stripper. They have so much confidence and are so sexy, they make good money to I admire them for that. Since I have been in and out of jobs, I have been selling my panties and made a total of $439 I know it will not be enough but I don't know I should stay in a hotel while working as a stripper or asking the guy who likes me if i can live with him. Another problem is that i enrolled in a 10 month cosmetology school, the classes start the end of september. I don't want drop out cause I know how hard it will be to find a job without education, but I cannot stand this bull**** my family is putting me through. I'd treated more like a maid than like a daughter. please if anyone has some advice or resources to first-timers moving out I'd really appreciate it.
First off, by reading this, I can tell that you are definately NOT ready to move out.

The world is not all nice and rosy. There are bad elements in the world too. And not everyone is nice.

Treat your family well. You never know when you will lose them. I didn't move out of my parents house until I was 30, and I'm glad I waited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues