Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like, love, hate, or could care less where you live? Want to stay or go?
Like it, but sometimes I daydream about other places... 69 31.80%
Love it, I'll never ever leave! 27 12.44%
Hate it, I can't wait to get out of here! 120 55.30%
Could care less any place works for me. 4 1.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:23 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,104,585 times

Advertisements

No real reason to be here anymore except for my family still here.
Old friends are gone and most everyone else is too old or too young to hang with.
I got to get started with life and get out on my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 07:26 AM

25,957 posts, read 22,107,325 times
Like I said, more than a year or two when I joined the forum, "AnywhereElse"! It has only gotten worse: the crime, the taxes, the weather, cuts in spending by the state government impacting the economy, ........So, in comparison to the "Gateway to Hell", just about any place would look good. Considered relocating in the state but not anymore. I am headed east of the Mississippi where I started out and just about anything there looks good or at least workable. Was sorry to see that so many people had answered the poll question as I did as life is too short to endure a place you literally hate! Make a moving plan and make a little effort each day toward that plan even if it is doing just a little research on the internet on new places or the one you have chosen.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:57 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,630 times
I absolutely HATE, despise, abhor where I've chosen to live. Moving to Dallas has been the biggest mistake of my life. My final straw was being laid off on Friday for being "too efficient" for these imbred, rednecks. I am trying to decide whether to make a run for it on my final paycheck to Phoenix, back to Denver or LA. There is no place like the west and am here to report that hell does exist and it's Dallas.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:05 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
I absolutely HATE, despise, abhor where I've chosen to live. Moving to Dallas has been the biggest mistake of my life. My final straw was being laid off on Friday for being "too efficient" for these imbred, rednecks. I am trying to decide whether to make a run for it on my final paycheck to Phoenix, back to Denver or LA. There is no place like the west and am here to report that hell does exist and it's Dallas.
Sorry to hear your move hasn't worked out, I would choose Denver over Phoenix or LA (based on the little I know about both). I've never been to Denver, but from what I've heard it sounds nicer to me IMO than Phoenix or LA. Hopefully the next place you choose will work out...

BTW if I were you I'd make a run for it with my last paycheck

Oh and don't forget to file for unemployment benefits, it sounds like you'd qualify since you were laid off...

Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,478 times
I hate where I live and the only place I have ever truly wanted to live is California. That thankfully may be happening very soon if things go as planned and with a little luck.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:13 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
I've only lived in 2 places in my life that are an hour apart, so they're both within the same state...just different counties. I love where I live now & wouldn't mind living in this location for the rest of my life. I wouldn't mind having a 2nd home someday in a tropical, beachy locale to spend part of my summers.

I'm apt hunting now & definitely plan to stay in this city. It's a great, safe city, but from what I'm finding out, apt complex life is a whole different thing that the nice, single family house I live in now.

All I can do is pray that God leads me to a great apt to live. I hope to move this June, so we'll see!

Old 03-21-2012, 11:28 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I've only lived in 2 places in my life that are an hour apart, so they're both within the same state...just different counties. I love where I live now & wouldn't mind living in this location for the rest of my life. I wouldn't mind having a 2nd home someday in a tropical, beachy locale to spend part of my summers.

I'm apt hunting now & definitely plan to stay in this city. It's a great, safe city, but from what I'm finding out, apt complex life is a whole different thing that the nice, single family house I live in now.

All I can do is pray that God leads me to a great apt to live. I hope to move this June, so we'll see!
How wonderful to love where you live!! Best wishes in the apartment hunt! I'll say a prayer for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
I hate where I live and the only place I have ever truly wanted to live is California. That thankfully may be happening very soon if things go as planned and with a little luck.
Sending you good thoughts and wishing you much luck to get you where you want to be

Old 03-21-2012, 11:35 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
How wonderful to love where you live!! Best wishes in the apartment hunt! I'll say a prayer for you...
How nice of you! Thank you!!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:24 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
I LOVE where I live... unfortunately there are no jobs, the COL is ridiculously high and the town is more than 50% college students which doesn't bode well for someone my age (late 20s) trying to date.

So, I'm planning on moving to a larger area and hope to eventually find my way back down here to raise a family one day. I'm going to miss being close to the beach and the nearly perfect year round weather, but I'm hoping it will be worth it in the long run

Old 03-26-2012, 04:33 PM

15 posts, read 27,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
Thanks for participating! I can so relate to the brutal summers! This year has been particularly brutal and NEVER-ENDING! We are still running our a/c, it never did cool off for the winter months and it has been extremely humid this year!

I hate to disappoint, but Pensacola's summers will be pretty brutal and I'm sure summer is longer there than in the Memphis area...You might want to consider East TN if you like the change of seasons and I'm assuming cooler summers because of the mountains...Best of luck!
I dunno. It doesn't really cool off much here until October. Even then, there have been several times where we've had temps in the 70s in November. However, we didn't have much of a winter at all this year.

Yes, it will be cooler in the East TN mtns, and that's one of the reasons it's on my mind. But there's just something about the Gulf Coast that draws me in...the beaches, the fishing, and the good seafood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues