Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like, love, hate, or could care less where you live? Want to stay or go?
Like it, but sometimes I daydream about other places... 69 31.80%
Love it, I'll never ever leave! 27 12.44%
Hate it, I can't wait to get out of here! 120 55.30%
Could care less any place works for me. 4 1.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 PM

604 posts, read 856,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
If you were given or had all the support you needed where would you move?
I'm trying to get back out west somewhere: Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, western Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon...all have nice areas and I miss the mountains. But I will buy acreage. I don't care if my house is small or if I have to eat beans and rice to afford it, one important truth I've learned about myself is that I need space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 06:29 AM

497 posts, read 1,693,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
I don't like my town at all. I am fairly close to Memphis, where I spend my weekends, but I'm not particularly crazy about Memphis either. I do like the climate and I have no problem with really hot summers (I like being warm). I would never, ever live somewhere with a harsh winter. I actually would enjoy moving back to AL, where I grew up.
I would really love to live somewhere close to the beach!
Both my family and my husband's live in the Memphis area though, and we would hate to be far from them.
I'm orginally from Memphis myself, and have absolutely no desire to return except to visit my family.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:41 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
Glendale, Arizona, an inner-ring suburb of Phoenix. Summers are hot, but I'm a busy person, and I just keep going!
Thanks for sharing

Old 02-16-2012, 05:47 PM

441 posts, read 885,842 times
Quote:
I hear you about the heat and humidity, same here in Florida...I'm looking to escape it real soon...Just to let you know that Kansas City, Mo can get pretty hot & humid in the summer, but for a much shorter period of time, it is a nice place...I, too would like to relocate to a nice walk-able city/town with much cooler temps...

best of luck to you in your journey...
Well as long as its not nearly as bad as it is here then it's ok... Thanks for the kind wishes

Old 02-16-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger's Kittens View Post
I'm trying to get back out west somewhere: Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, western Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon...all have nice areas and I miss the mountains. But I will buy acreage. I don't care if my house is small or if I have to eat beans and rice to afford it, one important truth I've learned about myself is that I need space.
Hope you get there soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit3218 View Post
I'm orginally from Memphis myself, and have absolutely no desire to return except to visit my family.
Hope you're happy where you're at now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
I live in boring lame northern Indiana. I have moved all over but end up here, its where my brothers are. I gave up on relocating. I been all over and in my own opinion every place sucks,lol. There is no perfect place. So now I just deal with it.
Keep your chin up! You never know there may be a "perfect" place in your future...we all gotta hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunegames View Post
I'm in Florida and I hate it here. It's not the heat, it's the humidity! I can only enjoy the outdoors for 4 months of the year, the rest I'm seeking AC to escape the humidity. It puts me in a bad mood.
Not sure where I'd like to move, was thinking Washington.
Oh how much I agree ! This year the humidity has been never ending!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
im in ohio.......for now. i cannot wait to leave this place. its very dull and its almost like people born here cant leave
Hopefully you get where you're going soon! I know how you feel, I can't wait to leave either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Whatever my needs are at the moment. I'm getting to the point that I need to be able to live without driving, finding an ideal place is the next challenge
Not sure where you're at now, but I've been looking at Grand Rapids, Mi for a possible relocation destination and walk-ability is high on my list and some areas in this city are very walk-able and it appears to be a self sustainable city.

Good luck to us all on our journey to the ideal location!

Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Hate where I live. Extremely rural,so far from everything,nosy people butting into your life every step of the way...really can't wait to move...3 more months....can't come soon enough.

Hang in there, I, too have about 3 months to go!

Old 02-18-2012, 08:39 AM

[quote=tiluha;23016858]
Hope you're happy where you're at now

Oh I love where I am now but I don't like winters or the Cost of living lol.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:47 AM

It would be so lovely if we could just take the best of where we live and put it all in one big happy place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit3218 View Post
Oh I love where I am now but I don't like winters or the Cost of living lol.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:27 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
It would be so lovely if we could just take the best of where we live and put it all in one big happy place!
I'm guessing it would be something like this:

Old 02-19-2012, 11:22 AM

Quote:
LOL! I know right! Let me know when you find it! I wanna come!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues