Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:04 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereDoIBelong View Post
I've come across a site which aims to match your needs and lifestyle to places around the U.S., after you answer a bunch of questions.

I was wondering if anyone has actually moved to places suggested by this site and if so, what do you think of the place once you moved there.

Did it suit you?

Here's my recommended list from the quiz:

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Oshkosh-Appleton/Neenah, Wisconsin
Madison, Wisconsin
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Danbury, Connecticut
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Eugene, Oregon
Medford, Oregon
Corvallis, Oregon
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Portland, Oregon
Hartford, Connecticut
Chicago, Illinois
Providence, Rhode Island
Oak Park, Illinois
Boston, Massachusetts
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Salem, Oregon
New Haven, Connecticut
Charleston, West Virginia

Interesting...I have looked into or thought about most of the places on this list on my own, but never thought about looking into Wisconsin or Arkansas

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-27-2016 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 02-15-2012, 09:20 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,144,062 times
YES! Well, sort of. It recommended a couple of cities in the same general area in a part of the country I hadn't really given much consideration to. After looking into the area further I decided I liked it, and I moved to a town about 20 miles from one of the towns at the top f the list. Three years here and couldn't be happier with the area.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:09 PM

410 posts, read 1,521,599 times
Here's my list...funny thing on it is that I dislike Maryland and California. I want to move to Washington and its not even on the list...lol

Little Rock, Arkansas
Portland, Oregon
Salisbury, Maryland
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Charleston, West Virginia
Eugene, Oregon
Corvallis, Oregon
Frederick, Maryland
Hot Springs-Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
Baltimore, Maryland
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Santa Cruz, California
Milwaukie, Oregon
Holiday Island, Arkansas
Heber Springs-Greers Ferry Lake, Arkansas
Mountain Home/Bull Shoals, Arkansas
Salem, Oregon
Washington, District of Columbia
Providence, Rhode Island
Hartford, Connecticut
Santa Barbara, California
Ventura, California
Valencia, California
Hagerstown, Maryland

Old 02-16-2012, 03:19 PM

43 posts, read 122,337 times
I tried it, and I think it made mostly excellent suggestions, including the area in which I already live and many other cities in California, where I was born and raised. So I think it was very helpful and accurate in the recommendations.

It didn't recommend San Jose, CA but that is where I'll be moving anyway.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:57 PM

840 posts, read 781,303 times
Yep got mine correct.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:14 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,144,742 times
It was entertaining but didnt really give me what I was looking for. Then again, it must have sensed I was broke.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:41 PM

8 posts, read 50,101 times
Find Your Spot is so much fun. I have not moved based upon its recommendations, but it says that I should be in New England, and that is exactly where I would like to go. When I started dating my husband, I had him take the test, and his top answers were nearly the same as mine. We have taken the test over again from time to time. There is a lot of information about the cities on your list once you finish the test, and even though you have to create an account each time you take the test, I have never noticed any spam as a result of signing up. Oh, and I did first try the site based upon the recommendation of an executive coach who had moved from RI to AZ because of Find Your Spot, and she was very happy.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:02 PM

34 posts, read 71,633 times
Thanks to everyone who replied.

I am glad it worked out for those who said it did.

I gave a puzzled look to some of the choices the site gave me but I can't rule anything out yet.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:28 PM

503 posts, read 772,343 times
That was fun! Most of the top towns it listed I would looovvvee to move to. Just can't yet

Old 03-04-2012, 01:26 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,901,182 times
I took this when we first started looking 5.5 years ago. It brought up a few places that I hadn't thought of, but ended up visiting like Rochester, NY and Sheboygan, WI.

I would consider living in Rochester, NY after visiting (IF they built a Costco!), but not really in Sheboygan, WI.

We moved to another place suggested on the list here in the Puget Sound area and love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues