Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,696,073 times

Advertisements

Exactly as the title states: If you had $6,000 to spend, maybe more.... where would u move for a month in the continental USA?

I was thinking of going to the most paradise-like place there is. I like sun, beaches, warm weather, etc. I want to drive there and spend the month of June somewhere like a tropical paradise?

I have $6000 to spend on rent, so maybe a place on the beach? under the caribbean sun?? I will work from home while on the trip.... where would u go if u were in my situation?

I was thinking about key west, fla...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,611,310 times
Key West is beautiful, however there is only 1 beach there, and it's man made. Not your typical beach type of atmosphere that you're probably looking for. Otherwise, it would fit your bill, but bear in mind June is part of hurricane season. Plus it's a 3 hour drive just from Miami on a good day. Not to mention most of US1 is a 1 lane highway. If there's an accident you could be stuck in traffic for hours.

If I was picking FL, I would head to Key Biscayne in Miami, it's gorgeous and relatively secluded, and you can feel like you're in another world there.

Otherwise, your other choice without driving would be the U.S. Virgin Islands, you don't need a passport, and it would fulfill your criteria.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Exactly as the title states: If you had $6,000 to spend, maybe more.... where would u move for a month in the continental USA?

I was thinking of going to the most paradise-like place there is. I like sun, beaches, warm weather, etc. I want to drive there and spend the month of June somewhere like a tropical paradise?

I have $6000 to spend on rent, so maybe a place on the beach? under the caribbean sun?? I will work from home while on the trip.... where would u go if u were in my situation?

I was thinking about key west, fla...
Malibu

Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,854 times
Maybe Belize.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:18 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,329,676 times
San Francisco...

Old 03-13-2012, 06:39 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,784,031 times
Really depends on what your looking for. If it has to be a whole month then this pretty much eliminates any ocean front house at the Jersey shore, they run 6,000 a week. Even in Key West, Florida, most of the rentals are over $1,500 a week during peak season. Your going to be a small condo blocks from the beach at this price range. A one bedroom, 1 bath condo runs 4 grand a month peak season.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
Really depends on what your looking for. If it has to be a whole month then this pretty much eliminates any ocean front house at the Jersey shore, they run 6,000 a week. Even in Key West, Florida, most of the rentals are over $1,500 a week during peak season. Your going to be a small condo blocks from the beach at this price range. A one bedroom, 1 bath condo runs 4 grand a month peak season.
Well, it's good I wasn't even thinking about Jersey...
Honestly, I wouldn't waste my $6k at the Jersey Shore....it's nice I guess, but nothing spectacular....

My month to do this is June..... so it will not be peak season in Florida...
I'm hoping I can get a beach front for the month of june for $6,000.

We'll see.

anywhere else that is simply must see?????

Old 03-13-2012, 10:21 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,820,680 times
On th ebeach in Newport Beach (Balnoa Peninsula), or Laguna Beach in Southern Califrnia.

San Diego Ca. Maybe La Jolla Beach Front or Coronado Island.

Catalina Island CA.

I would say Hawaii, but after paying to get there and for food, you would not have to rent a tent camping site.

In the summer, a forest service cabin in Alaska would be neat.

Won't it be insanely humid in Florida in June?

Old 03-13-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
On th ebeach in Newport Beach (Balnoa Peninsula), or Laguna Beach in Southern Califrnia.

San Diego Ca. Maybe La Jolla Beach Front or Coronado Island.

Catalina Island CA.

I would say Hawaii, but after paying to get there and for food, you would not have to rent a tent camping site.

In the summer, a forest service cabin in Alaska would be neat.

Won't it be insanely humid in Florida in June?
dude, you're awesome.
I hadn't even thought of anything like that. The whole alaska thing would be a wild experience.

yes, it would be insanely humid in florida in June.
I actually lived in fort lauderdale for 10 years... from 2001 to 2011....and kind of enjoyed the hot, humid weather....of course within reason. I wouldnt wanna run a 5k in that heat, but i found the warmth comforting.

I'm on the thin side and tend to get cold easily, so i love the heat. I love palm trees, the beach, the sun, swimming, diving, etc.

I love the vibe. It makes me wanna stop taking all my anti-depressants. lol jk, im not on any, but i feel ike that type of environment just described really is good for my head.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:31 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times
Bali

Bora Bora

Oh wait... you want to drive there? Hmm...

I'd put the money in the bank and wait until I could really get away (no working vacay, waste of dinero!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues