Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 07:57 PM

3 posts, read 5,971 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I've read this forum for the past month. It has great info. I've looked at the last 20 pages on the Phx forum plus dozens more on the Az forum and the real estate forum.

My family will be moving to Phx this summer. We're still trying to decide on a location - Mesa, Ahwatukee, Scottsdale. We're not sure. i'll be working in downtown Phx.

Anyway, I write to see if I could draw on others' experience with cross-country moves. Any suggestions of companies to trust/get bids from? We're hoping to get a full service move where they pack and un-pack us. Anyone have a good experience with a company moving them from coast-to-coast? We're moving from Washington DC to Phx, fwiw. Probably around 2500 sq ft of stuff.

The internet is chalk full of free estimates and dozens who will call you. Yelp only seems to give reviews on local movers.

Thanks again for the great forum.

Radoslaw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
I've used United Van Lines three times in the last 7 years (long distance). No problems any time, and the prices were very competitive. I had them do the full service packing each time.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:39 PM

364 posts, read 496,467 times
I only moved 950 miles, but used North American Van lines. Specifically, A-1 Freeman out of Texas. They are coast to coast and were awesome. My mover was Greg Brown and I would highly recommend him. My relocation was paid so I can't be sure of the cost.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:15 AM

415 posts, read 2,333,945 times
Good practice is to ALWAYS use a company who has a brick and mortar office at the origin location and the destination location.

Good companies to get estimates from are ( Pick 3 )

United Van Lines
Mayflower Transit
Atlas Van Lines
Allied Van Lines
North American Van Lines
Bekins
Wheaton

NEVER use a company that does not come into the home and provide you with a written guaranteed quote

Last edited by vter; 10-13-2014 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: take out quoted spam

Old 10-13-2014, 07:31 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,637,133 times
If you don't already have this...here an invaluable link to at federal govt site about moving. I am moving this Saturday, and after getting quotes from Allied, Graebel and United, I decided to go with Allied.

The costs were very similar for all three, and I could have gone with either Allied or United easily. The Allied guy did a great job of reassuring me about their policies for wrapping the furniture, protecting the floors and walls, their employees, etc. I guess I will know if I made the right decision next week, after my items arrive at my new home. I will try to take a break from unpacking and give you all an update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues