Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 07:39 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Dont forget the horrible traffic either.
No discussion of Washington D.C would be complete without that
Yes but there is an excellent mass transit system in place if one is intelligent enough to take advantage, not to mention world class cultural amenities and tons of other things to do. And let's not forget it (along with Boston) it has by far the lowest unemployment rate of any major US city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 03:45 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,509,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Yes but there is an excellent mass transit system in place if one is intelligent enough to take advantage, not to mention world class cultural amenities and tons of other things to do. And let's not forget it (along with Boston) it has by far the lowest unemployment rate of any major US city.
Unemployment means squat for the DC area.
Wonder why? its called the government employs a huge majority of people or the government has a hand in the contractors.
regardless D.C is a good place to visit but not live in.
The Monuments are wonderful to see However you couldnt pay me to live in the traffic clogged/no Downtown Central Business District D.C area.
Especially when the government is going to be forced to cut jobs soon cause Washington is running 1 Trillion Dollar+ year deficits.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:41 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Unemployment means squat for the DC area.
Wonder why? its called the government employs a huge majority of people or the government has a hand in the contractors.
regardless D.C is a good place to visit but not live in.
The Monuments are wonderful to see However you couldnt pay me to live in the traffic clogged/no Downtown Central Business District D.C area.
Especially when the government is going to be forced to cut jobs soon cause Washington is running 1 Trillion Dollar+ year deficits.
It's a great city to live in, I actually lived there for 7 years. It has a ton of cultural amenities, grand yet human-scale architecture, a great restaurant/nightlife scene, nice parks/extensive greenspace and lots of outdoor recreational opportunities, plus a world class mass transit system. There isn't a lot of traffic in DC and clearly you're unfamiliar since you refer to bad traffic/congestion which is suburban (as in Northern Virginia and Maryland) which by geographic definition is NOT Washington, DC. There a half dozen or so thriving "central business districts" in downtown Washington DC, unlike podunk Indianapolis which you seem to cheerlead for incessantly on this forum as some kind of paradise the rest of us have yet to figure out. Furthermore your rambling about jobs and deficit mean nothing. Do you suppose for a minute there are going to be mass layoffs in DC? So before you go off on a rant about an unfamiliar city you have managed to form a dislike for, check your facts so you're not left looking completely clueless.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
have you thought of the Virgin Islands yes it is costly but has the warm water!
St Johns is maybe the best of all there and it would be fun

Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 AM

96 posts, read 306,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
If you are still reading this forum, Houston is a good place to live. I lived in The Woodlands and now that I've left I realize I really loved it! Water, culture, affordable. Check it out!
Seattle sounds interesting to me but it's probably too expensive.
She said 'no humidity' and Houston is the most humid place I've ever been in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues